Anyone sell their Note 2 already?

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about selling my Note 2 now and buying another phone for the month we have until release on Verizon. I just assume the value will crumble once its readily available in stores. I am somewhat worried about selling my note 2. I have an awesome ROM on it and I fear Verizon will pull the same S4 BS and prevent it from being rooted. I can handle just root and no unlocked bootloader, but I wont deal with a non continuous home screen/app drawer scroll and lack of wifi toggle on the pull down shade. Damn you VZ.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Sold mine to Gazelle for $210, though I have 30 days to actually ship it to them.

Time enough to receive my new Note 3.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I fully expect root to be achieved on the Verizon GN3, it has been done on the GS4. Bootloader is another story and that one will be tough. There are however root methods to get rid of that annoying WiFi crap and other things Verizon does to their phones.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I fully expect root to be achieved on the Verizon GN3, it has been done on the GS4. Bootloader is another story and that one will be tough. There are however root methods to get rid of that annoying WiFi crap and other things Verizon does to their phones.

Raptor I figured that would be the case. I'd be happy stock with that wifi toggle and continuous home screen/app drawer. While I love adding Rom's it wouldnt be the end of the world if they cant unlock the bootloader.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Ebay would be much better ..... like new used is selling for $500!! Gazelle is RIPPING YOU OFF! Just check $237 for a flawless Verizon Note 2???

Cheers, Jon

Sold mine to Gazelle for $210, though I have 30 days to actually ship it to them.

Time enough to receive my new Note 3.

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Gazelle is only really useful if your phone is in pretty rough shape. If you have taken care of your phone and it's in like-new condition you are losing out on around an extra 100 bucks or so (according to your phone) from selling on eBay.

Posted via Android Central App

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Sold most of my stuffs in Craigslist. I usually priced 30 - 50 bucks below other seller and none negotiable (firm on price, local and cash only).

I'll sell my s4 after I got a note 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My hubby's asking around at work (he works in a huge call center) for a buyer for mine. I'll be asking $400. It still sells at AT&T for $575 off contract and is still in pristine condition with no scratches or cracks whatsoever. Also comes with two cases. I'm confident it'll sell; my S3 did no problem.

EDIT: Just sold my Note 2 via a local Facebook for-sale page. $400 in pocket for a Note 3. And this, folks, is why I always keep a case and/or screen protector on my phone; people will pay more for a pristine device. Check out a local FB to try to sell yours.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Raptor I figured that would be the case. I'd be happy stock with that wifi toggle and continuous home screen/app drawer. While I love adding ROMs it wouldnt be the end of the world if they cant unlock the bootloader.

I learned to like GS4 TW with root until I returned it and get my upgrade back for the GN3. If all we get is root initially or just root period I will be happy given the XPosed platform and what can be done by creative developers. They can add and fix a lot of things using XPosed.

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
if you're referring to JUMP by T-Mobile or the new one by Sprint, they stipulate you have to be with the service for 6 months before you're elligble, I signed up for Jump when it came out, and when the Note 3 comes out, it will be before this 6 month window, so no one will qualify for it yet...

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I, too, debated this question...the thing is whent he N3 comes out, everybody and their Note mothers is going to want one and will want to get rid of their N2's, saturating the market and bringing prices down, what you should do is what i did, sell your Note 2 NOW that the prices are high, and take advantage.

I walked into the T-mobile store and asked what they would give me for my N2, and they said the trade in value was $250 (I later confirmed this myself when I went online and filled out the appraisal form). My EIP, or my installment plan balance, was $220, so I was actually in a positive equity state, where my trade-in was worth more than the balance I owed on it (Im a car salesman and this is exactly like trading in a car, basicaly my trade was worth more than my payoff hence positive equity). Leaving me with $30 to use towards the $199 I need for the phone..

So, I can trade it in for a mere $250 (it's worth more than that obviously) or I can sell it on the side and take the profits, pay off the EIP, and use the remainder for the $199 down I need. So I put it up on craigslist for $400, shooting high I know, and it had no screen protector, no case, no headphones, it had scratches on the back panel, and although the screen was not cracked or scratched, you could notice swirlies..so it wasn't mint..2 days later, I got a legit hit (after the usual paypal/western union scam "oh, i need it as a present, ill send you $550, just ship it here" yadda yadda yadda bs) and he offered $360. Sold it right there and then. $220 went to payoff balance, $140 positive equity will go towards the $199 so $50 out of pocket so yea I rocked it. You could get 400 like one of the posters here, just dont fall for anything below $300, that's just insulting, it's a note 2 for gods' sake!

So you're asking "You sold your phone you dummy! what are you going to do for 2 weeks!" I have no old phone so yea you're right, but then I thought maybe one of my coworkers has one laying around, and lo behold after asking around, someone had some pos 1.5 android phone that I can't even install ebay on lol, and since it's just sitting in their drawers, lent it to me for the next 2 weeks. Boooy let me tell you when I get the N3 it's going to look sooo huuuge, compared to comparing it to the Note 2 I had rofl, i can't wait..

But again, I stress it, my advice is sell now, before the N3 is out and the market gets flooded with N2's and yours is worth a ****ty 200-250...