With or without Case/Screen protector

BoOuds

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

I've pre ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. :D

I was wondering how you plan, or not, to protect your Galaxy Note 3. And even more, is it necessary?

1. Case
Lots of talk about the plastic built.
It seems it will not be that senstive and wil stand normal usage. The plastic can stand more, visualy, than the aluminium of the iphone or
the HTC One. Easier to spot a dent or a scratch on alu!? (Galaxy S4 vs HTC One)
And the back cover is easy and cheap to replace/exchange.
So is a case necessary? And what kind of case will you buy? Haven't found any nice cases, even for the Note 2, so tips?

2. Screen protector.
If i'm right the Note3 has GorillaGlass3. Is a screen protector not unnecessary then?
And if you'll buy one what kind would you choose?

I like to hear your opnion before I make my decision.
Thanks!:D

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No case on my note 2...you are correct about replacing the back cover. I got the carbon fiber back and it looks like a whole new phone without the "cheap plastic" look or feel. But gorilla glass 1-2-3, will all scratch. Screen protector a must. Pretty happy with Tech Armor. Either way you are going to love the Note 3.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
With idc i want to protect my investment :D otter box and invisible shield no questions asked

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly, the manual admonishes not to use a screen protector because of sensor malfunction. Also, for the same reason, not to let water to come in contact with the screen. Don't most screen protector installations use a "wet method?"

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the samsung cover case on my N2, and will probably do the same with my N3 when it arrives. I really like preserving the slim, sleek profile of all the phones I have.

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
big ole no way to the screen protector.....hate them and have no scratches on my screens....i'm looking forward to the s view case. have the flipcase on my note 2 and love it, slim still but i like not having my face on the glass when on the phone, keeps it from getting gooped up.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The screen protector makes your screen look like crap. It's like putting plastic film on your HD television or plastic covers on your furniture. If you can't see how nice it looks, what's the point? Sure, it might look good for the first week or so. After that, it will look and feel like garbage, not to mention all the more you will notice all of your greasy fingerprints all over it. The screen protector also is not as smooth as the glass feel. Once I get it, I will need to decide on a case if necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

mactruck

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
so don't use a screen protector? always worries me.

i was looking at getting a case so i could holster the behemoth. i'm not sure i'd want to holster just the phone with no case. thoughts?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem with some screen protectors is they just don't play nice with the S-Pen. If you do get one it can't have any give at all. If the Screen Protector has a rubbery feel at all like most ZAGG's do, it will make the S-Pen impossible to use.

I am in agreement with some of the folks above about the case to. I like to enjoy the slimness of my phone. I have a Note 1 and would never of put anything on it that changed the depth of the phone. Heck even the flip case kind is a bit much for me.

I am just getting the s-view case and that is it.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally like the otterbox screen protectors, as I usually order a commuter series case for any phone I get. But with the addition of a faux leather back I may go naked and just order a screen protector for this one. Not sure yet entirely but I like the added protection of a case, since I do construction work I put most phones through a tough life.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Definitely going to be using a case, just to preserve resale value. Normally I would use a Case-Mate Pop case (optimum protection without the bulk of a rugged case), but it looks like they have yet to have any ready for the Note 3. That leaves me looking for as close of a similar case as possible in time for launch. So far I'm liking the look of the Spigen "Slim Armor" case, but if I can find one that more closely resembles the construct of the Pop case I'm going that route.

As for the screen protector, more research is needed, but I'm definitely never going to Moshi Monde's AG protector after how they (weren't) made to fit the Note 2 properly. With the Pop case, I've gone without a screen protector--no scratches or cracks on the screen at all.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The only "case" I've ever used on my GS3 is the Samsung flip cover, but even that got annoying so it was taken off.

I agree with the rest, screen protectors take away significantly from the look and feel of the screen...definitely go without. Just make sure you don't put anything else, keys, change, etc, in your phone pocket and you should be fine.

jakedsnake

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used screen protectors on any of my phones or tablets and I haven't had any problems at all. I use cases because they enhance the look of the phone and improve the grip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used screen protectors on any of my phones or tablets and I haven't had any problems at all. I use cases because they enhance the look of the phone and improve the grip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Agree. Get a slim bumper or slim case in case you drop it and improve the grip so you don't drop it as much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Definitely screen protector I prefer the spigen screen protector

Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector Steinheil - Galaxy Note 3 - Galaxy Note - Samsung - Brands | SPIGEN SGP

By lately I like the ismooth on my Note 2 from amazon HD Ultra Clear

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector - NEW 2013 Ultra Premium HD Version - 3 PACK Ultra Clear - iSmooth - Free Lifetime Replacement Guarantee - Bubble Free Installation Guaranteed - Package Includes BONUS Premium Microfiber Cleaning Clo

Both of this screen protector is crystal clear, one more thing when buying a screen protector for the note series you have to make sure it won't interfere with the s-pen. I know these 2 screen protector does not interfere with my s-pen on my note 2.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have (2) cases on order, Neo-Hybrid ($1 promo on Amazon) and the Slim Armor also picked up the Glas.tR Slim and I love how you don't feel like you are using a screen protector at all. But I also ordered spare Spigen Crystal Clear Screen protectors, they were also on $1 amazon.com promo so I could't resist.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's one of the cases I'm interested in. Personally, I think it looks better (on the S4) and offers better protection than Samsung's official S-view flip cover. I hope Spigen makes them for the Note 3.

If you like Spigen's cases and WANT the Slim Armor View on the GN3 like they offer for the GS4 then you have to make your voice heard by Spigen. They have no plans to offer a Slim Armor View per their reply to my inquiry. Disappointed to say the least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2