Samsung confirms Galaxy Note 3 has PenTile display | SamMobile

However there's some benefits to using this display according to this article
    09-17-2013 05:46 PM
    That's unfortunate.
    09-17-2013 05:50 PM
    That's unfortunate.
    Not necessarily I read numerous article that stated the galaxy s4 has one of the best display on a smartphone, also stated the quality was the same as a HD TV.

Galaxy S4 Display Technology Shoot-Out

Study shows display on Samsung Galaxy S4 trumps its predecessor, matches the Apple iPhone 5
    09-17-2013 06:03 PM
    Honestly, I don't care what type it uses. With the amount of pixels per inch nowadays, you're not seeing a huge difference. That and no one looks at their smart phone with a magnifying glass to nit pick how "terrible" their pentile display is. I've had no problem with my GS3 display. I welcome higher resolution.
    qxr, VDub2174, XChrisX and 4 others like this.
    09-17-2013 06:09 PM
    Honestly, I don't care what type it uses. With the amount of pixels per inch nowadays, you're not seeing a huge difference. That and no one looks at their smart phone with a magnifying glass to nit pick how "terrible" their pentile display is. I've had no problem with my GS3 display. I welcome higher resolution.
    I agree with everything you stated, I just wanted to share some articles concerning this type of display.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...s-the-iphone-5
    titaniumSS likes this.
    09-17-2013 06:16 PM
    Not the end of the world for those that think it is and no less an amazing phone.

Sony XTZ
    VDub2174 likes this.
    09-17-2013 06:24 PM
    Not the end of the world for those that think it is and no less an amazing phone.

Sony XTZ
    Excellent point!!! I agree with you an amazing phone!!!!
    09-17-2013 06:29 PM
    Not necessarily I read numerous article that stated the galaxy s4 has one of the best display on a smartphone, also stated the quality was the same as a HD TV.

Study shows display on Samsung Galaxy S4 trumps its predecessor, matches the Apple iPhone 5
    I looked at the S4 in the Verizon store and I could still make out the pixels. I think it'll be acceptable though (Maybe not since the screen's so much bigger), unlike the the Galaxy Nexus, which was my first Amoled device, and which shocked me since it was 720p and I could still see the pixels so easily (On my OG Droid I could hardly make them out).
    09-17-2013 06:50 PM
    I looked at the S4 in the Verizon store and I could still make out the pixels. I think it'll be acceptable though (Maybe not since the screen's so much bigger), unlike the the Galaxy Nexus, which was my first Amoled device, and which shocked me since it was 720p and I could still see the pixels so easily (On my OG Droid I could hardly make them out).
    If you could make out the pixels on the S4 the gov't may be looking for you soon. Watch out, they have a job for you, and I hear the pay is bad and you can't refuse.

Sony XTZ
    09-17-2013 06:56 PM
    Well I for one am glad its settled and for those who don't like the display technology can cancel their pre-orders (if they want) that simply will allow others to bump up in line to get theirs sooner. I personally don't have an issue and like the GN3 all the same.
    DaleGriggs, Preach2k and qxr like this.
    09-17-2013 07:47 PM
    Why the hell can't we just get a decent unit? Samsung uses a Pentile screen. HTC drops their HTC One Max strorage to 16 gigs. Jesus, at this rate if I want a bigger screened phone that is any good I'm going to have to get Sony's 6.4 inch one. Why can't we just get a phone that actually gives us everything, considering the astronomical prices they expect us to pay for these things?

Ans let's not even get into Apple's pricing for the 5S. They're just on crack.
    jakedsnake likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:02 PM
    Why the hell can't we just get a decent unit? Samsung uses a Pentile screen. HTC drops their HTC One Max strorage to 16 gigs. Jesus, at this rate if I want a bigger screened phone that is any good I'm going to have to get Sony's 6.4 inch one. Why can't we just get a phone that actually gives us everything, considering the astronomical prices they expect us to pay for these things?

Ans let's not even get into Apple's pricing for the 5S. They're just on crack.

You're right. Apocalypse is coming and the end of the world is nigh because under a magnifying glass you can see pixels! lol
    kgbkny and Zookeeper63 like this.
    09-17-2013 08:20 PM
    Wow you have some great eye site, I've seen the s4 couldn't see the pixels, I also purchased the Gnex. Super Amoled was not the best with the pentile, I purchased the s3 display was a lot better than the gnex. I have the note 2, display is not pentile but RGB, excellent screen. However I've seen the s4 display OMG compared to my note 2 you can tell tell 720 to 1080p. 1080 hands down excellent screen.
    09-17-2013 08:42 PM
    The thing is, no one knew it was definitely a pentile screen until today. If this information never came out, no one would be the wiser and everyone would still agree that it has an outstanding display. If someone can discern pixels at 386 ppi, I feel sorry for you as you'll never be satisfied.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    pauldroidr2d2 and SenseMonkey like this.
    09-17-2013 09:11 PM
    Well I for one am glad its settled and for those who don't like the display technology can cancel their pre-orders (if they want) that simply will allow others to bump up in line to get theirs sooner. I personally don't have an issue and like the GN3 all the same.
    I have always had issues with pentile, but at 1080 HD? That is ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    09-17-2013 10:03 PM
    The thing is, no one knew it was definitely a pentile screen until today. If this information never came out, no one would be the wiser and everyone would still agree that it has an outstanding display. If someone can discern pixels at 386 ppi, I feel sorry for you as you'll never be satisfied.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    I think what it boils down to is that it doesn't matter what it is. There will always be people who look for things to complain about. LOL, there will probably be people who buy the phone so that they can complain this.
    09-17-2013 10:24 PM
    We can't really judge what the screen will look like until we have one in our hands. I personally don't care what type of screen it has as long as it looks clear.
    crester likes this.
    09-19-2013 01:51 PM

And still trails the HTC One.

I am forever biased against amoled and pentile displays thanks to my experience with the GNex.
    09-19-2013 04:27 PM
    I haven't found a pentile screen that works outdoors in Florida sunshine, I really wanted to get the gn3 but about 80%of my use is outside.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    09-20-2013 06:18 PM
    I haven't found a pentile screen that works outdoors in Florida sunshine, I really wanted to get the gn3 but about 80%of my use is outside.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
    Hopefully this will change your mind read this article from gsm arena read where they do a sunlight contrast ratio. In this article the note is tie with iphone for second place.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...view-986p2.php

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2013 09:14 PM
    Hopefully this will change your mind read this article from gsm arena read where they do a sunlight contrast ratio. In this article the note is tie with iphone for second place.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...view-986p2.php

I've seen that as well, but in direct sunlight is it not brightness we need more so than contract ratio?

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    09-20-2013 09:34 PM
    I've seen that as well, but in direct sunlight is it not brightness we need more so than contract ratio?

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    I'm a little confused is it brightness or contrast that is needed in order to read your display in direct sunlight. For example I have a note 2 in the sunlight I can't really see or read thru my display. However when you look at this article note 2 is listed at 25, but the note 3 is listed 3rd but it is actually 2nd tie with the same score as the iphone. I'm guessing that the note 3 is a whole lot better than the note 2 in direct sunlight.

09-20-2013 09:56 PM
    Pentile screens give me a headache! Dealbreaker for me!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    09-20-2013 10:05 PM
    I may be getting my phone specs confused but the note 3 will have the same display as s4, right? If so, I think many people will be surprised at how far the pentile setup has come since s3. I have no problems reading my s4 in direct sunlight and there is no "grid" to see. This display is amazing. If I'm getting my specs confused, just disregard.

09-21-2013 09:03 AM