Pricing for the 64 gb version

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If Samsung hadn't cut the 16GB version from the line up altogether we would be facing a 16GB only model in the US. We will never see a 64GB model until Samsung decides 32GB is not longer an acceptable base minimum which is exactly what they should do.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The carriers really do annoy with their rejection on the higher capacity models so they can sellmyou data. 32GB with a UHS-1 capable microSD card reader, though, would be fine for me too.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

taxiron1

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Any news on pricing for the 64 gig version or which carriers will have it?

Confirmed with VZW Southeast Product Manager - NO 64gb will be coming to VZW. I was told the product development guru at VZW told Sammy, we dont have a marketing need for a 32gb AND 64gb. Likely reasons: Too much demand for VZW shelf and stocking space for the same phone that would probably be more than $100 higher. Also, VZW will likely be developing cloud sharing, that means more money they can get from you if you have lower storage capabilities. He said his guess is that it will probably only be available in asia

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed with VZW Southeast Product Manager - NO 64gb will be coming to VZW. I was told the product development guru at VZW told Sammy, we dont have a marketing need for a 32gb AND 64gb. Likely reasons: Too much demand for VZW shelf and stocking space for the same phone that would probably be more than $100 higher. Also, VZW will likely be developing cloud sharing, that means more money they can get from you if you have lower storage capabilities. He said his guess is that it will probably only be available in asia
I've noticed that Verizon doesn't mind carrying 64GB versions of the iphone though...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that Verizon doesn't mind carrying 64GB versions of the iphone though...

I don't think Verizon has a choice, apple probably forced them as a term of allowing the iPhone to be carried by apple. Heck, even Verizon flagship droid maxx only has 32gb.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yet Verizon carries the 16GB & 32GB GS4 but they don't carry the 32GB GS4 in the store, only online or tele-sales. So why not just do the same and maintain a smaller inventory unless the commitment from Samsung has to be pretty good size to justify the mfg.

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yet Verizon carries the 16GB & 32GB GS4 but they don't carry the 32GB GS4 in the store, only online or tele-sales. So why not just do the same and maintain a smaller inventory unless the commitment from Samsung has to be pretty good size to justify the mfg.

I was wondering if Verizon sold the 3GB S4 in the stores or not. Thanks for the info.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps they don't or don't think they can move the 32GB S4 fast enough. AT&T keeps the 32GB S4 in stock so that's what I went with.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If Samsung hadn't cut the 16GB version from the line up altogether we would be facing a 16GB only model in the US. We will never see a 64GB model until Samsung decides 32GB is not longer an acceptable base minimum which is exactly what they should do.

Sad but true and at probably the same price as the 32gb will be.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I know, when I was on AT&T I ha the GS4 32GB walked into the store, got one walked out. When I left to go back to Verizon due to QOS issues at my home and other issues with AT&T I had nothing but problems with Verizon at the store trying to get what I wanted and ultimately had to get it online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon