Did/Will the Galaxy Note Replace your Tablet?

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I was going to buy the new Nexus7 2013 model (I have the old one already), but with Note3 it just wouldn't do. The size is almost same, but the Note3 is way more faster. I think I might instead get the new 10.1 Note 2014 model, because I don't have a device in that size category yet. So the answer to the question is yes and no. Yes for almost same size mini-tablet, but no for larger tablets.

BobFr

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 2012 and really like it. My wife has a Nexus 10 that she likes, but it's just too big for me. Currently the Nexus 7 is a great companion to my Galaxy Nexus, but I'm also wondering it the larger Note 3 that I have on pre-order will make me not use my Nexus 7 anymore.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 2012 and really like it. My wife has a Nexus 10 that she likes, but it's just too big for me. Currently the Nexus 7 is a great companion to my Galaxy Nexus, but I'm also wondering it the larger Note 3 that I have on pre-order will make me not use my Nexus 7 anymore.

Probably would be my guess. That Note 3 is gonna be some strong medicine.

S IV

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The only time I use the tablet is when I can't get the note2 back from my kids

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Same here. I've sold my Note 2 in prep for the Note 3 release. But when I had my Note 2 I never used the iPad. I simply had no need to; the Note 2's screen was big enough to easily read from, it was more portable than an iPad 2, and it had great battery life so I could use it all day long and not have to switch between devices. But if I had my Note 3, I wouldn't touch the tablet. And if it weren't for my daughter I'd sell the iPad.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at the N3 to replace my iPad3 for day to day stuff. Might pick up an 8 or10.1 to change the whole ecosystem a bit...

Sent from my iPad

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking at the N3 to replace my iPad3 for day to day stuff. Might pick up an 8 or10.1 to change the whole ecosystem a bit...

Sent from my iPad

Well I can vouch for the Note 8.0 being a great size to work with.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't use another device, currently I use my Samsung ultrabook and my s4, but once I get a note back in my life I probably will rarely use anything but the note. I can't see carrying a tablet around with me as well as the note.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I can vouch for the Note 8.0 being a great size to work with.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

I am definitely a fan of the 8inch tablet devices, I typically carry mine daily. Considering swapping out my iPad Mini for the Galaxy Note 8 - just not ready to leave the Apple Ecosystem completely yet.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I have used the Note, Note II and the Note 10.1 simultaneously. I prefer 10-inch tablets, so even a large phone won't replace that experience for me. I plan to get the Note 3 and the Note 10.1 2014 edition when they come out.

You seem to be fine with smaller tablets, so your preferences may be different from mine. It also depends on how many items you are comfortable carrying with you on a daily basis. I can tolerate a high amount of devices but if you are looking to carry fewer devices, the Note 3 may be enough for your phone and tablet needs.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I quit using my tablet when I got my LG Intuition. As someone else said, I really didn't need the tablet anymore. The phone with its giant screen suited my needs. That being said, the Note 3 is a much more powerful device than my quirky Intuition. I'm sure that I won't need a tablet once I have it. Unfortunately, I need to wait until February before I can upgrade...

crazyhairboy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Making the switch from my BlackBerry PlayBook - Style pairing to the Note 3. I do just about everything I need on my PlayBook.
I'm hoping to move to just one device.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Making the switch from my BlackBerry PlayBook - Style pairing to the Note 3. I do just about everything I need on my PlayBook.
I'm hoping to move to just one device.

Welcome to the forums!! I have a BB Playbook (I write embarrarssingly) but its in a drawer gathering dust. Once every couple of months I fire it up and see if there's any updates, one can always hope.

crazyhairboy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Plus, there's nothing like lounging around the house with a tablet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the forums!! I have a BB Playbook (I write embarrarssingly) but its in a drawer gathering dust. Once every couple of months I fire it up and see if there's any updates, one can always hope.

Yea.. PlayBook had so much potential. Now my 3 and 6 year old will inherit to load all the kids games. Lol
As long as the Note 3 will do the job.