Best MicroSD for Note 3?

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, ive been reading up on MicroSD's and Im not sure if the Note 3 will support UHS-I microsd cards like the Sandisk Extreme 64GB featured here at their site: SanDisk Extreme microSDHC and microSDXC UHS-I Memory Cards

I currently have the 64GB Sandisk Ultra which is the one right below Extreme in my note 2 and just wondering if i will see an improvement in buying the extreme? i mean its rated at much higher speeds but i just dont know if the Note 3 will take advantage of the technology, I can't wait for the Note 3! What do you guys think? Is this a best buy?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
From problems I have seen with sd cards being corrupted in Samsung devices, I would only stick with Samsung sd cards. They are guaranteed to have higher transfer rates than their counterparts, and are guaranteed to work 100% in any Samsung device. I stand by my conspiracy that Samsung has hard coded code into touchwiz that will eventually fry non samsung sdcards, but that is my unproven theory backed only by conjectures. Sandisk should not give you any problems, as they are relatively stable with Samsung devices, even though some cases have been reported of them frying as well.

Now to answer your question, it all depends on personal preference. SDcards work on flash memory, which hasn't really advanced that much since it's creation. If you feel it is worth the investment, and you are sure the device will support it, I say go for it.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had good luck with Sandisk. It's best to format the card in the device you'll be using it in and then things are more stable.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
that will eventually fry non samsung sdcards" That would be in violation of Fair Trade statutes. Samsung would get in so much trouble that it would not be worth it to them.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well if the Note 3 supports UHS-1 then the SanDisk Extreme might be a contender for the best and highest performance micro SD card for it. The Extreme is a lot more durable than the Ultra too. Those Ultras don't seem to be doing too well in Samsung phones and tablets, often just failing after a short lifespan.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
SanDisk sd cards for me. If unsure you can check on the SanDisk website if they've got certified cards available

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung is getting great reviews as well. I may just go with them this time instead of worrying about ultra and extreme.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sandisk did not work in my s4. N3 may be different but If you insist on sandisk, make sure you can easily return it if it doesn't work. I ended up with Samsung class 10 and haven't had any problems. I will stick with Samsung cards in my N3 because I know it will work.

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Spec wise, it looks like the extreme sandisk is the fastest microsd card you can get with 80 read and 50 write, PLUS i saw a review by legitreviews located at

http://www.legitreviews.com/sandisk-extreme-microsdxc-uhs-i-64gb-memory-card-review_2232

where they were showed benchmarks going faster than the rated speeds, specifically 95MB/s read and 61MB/ write speeds they observed in benchmarking, which are insane numbers, so at 64GB it's suposedly the largest the N3 will hold, so until something faster comes along, this will be the best MicroSD card you can get for your Note 3...perfect for the 4K recording too! Right now the price is around 100$, lowest i saw was 97, but Im going to wait to see if a deal comes out, even thought these cards are brand new and just came out..never know maybe a newegg deal, Ill sell my 64GB ultra by sandisk (the one right below the Extreme one) and pony up the difference, any takers?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had really good luck with my 64GB Sandisk Extreme. Its performed well and seems to be immune to the SD card death kick that Samsung devices are so good at.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Spec wise, it looks like the extreme sandisk is the fastest microsd card you can get with 80 read and 50 write, PLUS i saw a review by legitreviews located at

http://www.legitreviews.com/sandisk-extreme-microsdxc-uhs-i-64gb-memory-card-review_2232

where they were showed benchmarks going faster than the rated speeds, specifically 95MB/s read and 61MB/ write speeds they observed in benchmarking, which are insane numbers, so at 64GB it's suposedly the largest the N3 will hold, so until something faster comes along, this will be the best MicroSD card you can get for your Note 3...perfect for the 4K recording too! Right now the price is around 100$, lowest i saw was 97, but Im going to wait to see if a deal comes out, even thought these cards are brand new and just came out..never know maybe a newegg deal, Ill sell my 64GB ultra by sandisk (the one right below the Extreme one) and pony up the difference, any takers?

Kingston and PNY make good cards too.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Boomslang001

Banned
Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Even though I won't be removing my card probably ever, I still plan on putting plenty of music on it. I'll hopefully be playing that music in my car a lot which will result in tons of instances of reading the card. Wearing on it a bit. SO, I'm trying to play it safe with a Samsung pro 64GB. Hopefully this works out.

Is it possible with the Note 3 to put [non-gaming or gaming] apps on an SD card like this? I don't know much about this feature but heard it from a Samsung rep.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeahp. I've heard that the Note 3 does support moving apps to SD.

from my Sony XTZ

If and when root Becomes available for the Note3 you can switch locations on where the applications get downloaded to. It shouldn't be too long after release.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So was this confirmed that the Note 3 will be able to handle the top speeds of the Sandisk Extreme? It actually supports UHS-1?

AcemanX AcemanX

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So was this confirmed that the Note 3 will be able to handle the top speeds of the Sandisk Extreme? It actually supports UHS-1?

I have not been able to confirm nor deny, can't find it in the manual, I don't know if they let me but I might have to buy and test to see if it does work, what store could I do this on?

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
No idea lol. I thought I heard on the Android Central podcast it does not support UHS-1.. so you might not see a difference. We need to get this verified!

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the extreme but I have used my 64gb ultra on the galaxy s3 and the note 2 and will be moving it over to a note 3. No problems to date (except crashing my file explorer in windows if I try to rename folders, very very odd issue)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay