How will you transfer files, apps, settings to your new Note 3?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I used a combination of my Google account and Samsung account. All my apps were re-downloaded and settings were restored. I even got back all messages, contacts, bookmarks , photos etc. The rest was stored on my SD card which I just transfered to my Note 3. It was quite seemless.

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Samsung Smart Switch app? I pre-ordered from ATT and will have it sent to work, so I can get it a few hours sooner. This seems like it would be pretty easy to do this at work.

I used it recently to move content from my Note 2 to my Note 3. It works painlessly - very well. It does not have an option to back-up the homescreen layouts though. It will move your "core" content without a glitch.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I do not have Internet or WiFi at my house. How can I transfer from my Note Note 2 to my Note 3?
Hi Carol,

It sounds like you wish to tether the data from one device to the other. You can do that via the Hotspot feature. If you have that enable it to tether. Just be careful if you are on a limited data plan, since tethering will consume that data allotment.

Let us know if you have any question.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I do not have Internet or WiFi at my house. How can I transfer from my Note Note 2 to my Note 3?

Welcome to Android Central! If you mean that you want to transfer everything from your old Note 2 to your new Note 3, then use Smart Switch. I believe it will still work for a phone as old as a Note 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon