Which features will Verizon block on the Note 3?

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
On the galaxy Note 2 verizon blocked out some features that worked with other carriers, like the 4x4 Splanner widget, blocking mode, etc. I want to get the Note 3, but tired of Verizon and the BS. Wonder why Verizon is releasing there phone later, and wondering is it so they can strip it.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
That would be my guess (Verizon is taking time to make sure its bloat is installed and features blocked) I have had my fill of that yesterday bought two s4's and pre-ordered the note 3 on ATT, downgraded my smartphones on Verizon to feature phones till they run out of contract.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck with Verizon because all other carriers here in Raleigh, NC sucks. So you saying that s-planner is blocked?

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't get too bummed yet, the phone's not out yet. Verizon may use this launch to change their ways.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't get too bummed yet, the phone's not out yet. Verizon may use this launch to change their ways.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Oh I am going to get this beast!

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am stuck with Verizon because all other carriers here in Raleigh, NC sucks. So you saying that s-planner is blocked?

The note 2 was locked down from Verizon. Non continuous scroll home screens, app drawer, no wifi toggle on drop down menu, and yes the 4x4 s planner widget was removed completely. Only was to have it back was to root.

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The note 2 was locked down from Verizon. Non continuous scroll home screens, app drawer, no wifi toggle on drop down menu, and yes the 4x4 s planner widget was removed completely. Only was to have it back was to root.

What benefit did Verizon have by doing this? I've had to use third party apps to get these features back. Has me puzzled.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
If they block or take out anything I'll return mine and cancel my number and go somewhere else. I bought my phone as its setup from Samsung.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the reasons I'm leaving Verizon for AT&T. More freedom with my phones. Yeah I'm giving up unlimited but I only use maybe 2 gigs between my son and I anyway.

Sent from my iPad

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
On the galaxy Note 2 verizon blocked out some features that worked with other carriers, like the 4x4 Splanner widget, blocking mode, etc. I want to get the Note 3, but tired of Verizon and the BS. Wonder why Verizon is releasing there phone later, and wondering is it so they can strip it.

Verizon seems to take longer to release due to the things you said.. Locking down the phone and loading up that bloat ware.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Gnote 3 on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If the Note 3 has an FM radio, I am sure Verizon will block it. They did on the Note 2 from what I have read. Why would they do that? So they can sell you data when listening to radio on the Internet instead of on a free FM station.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If the Note 3 has an FM radio, I am sure Verizon will block it. They did on the Note 2 from what I have read. Why would they do that? So they can sell you data when listening to radio on the Internet instead of on a free FM station.

Sounds like money hungry Verizon.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if its a Samsung thing. Verizon by default out of the box did disable continuous home screen and the wifi toggle on the lg G2. Whether it was missed or just not as locked down, those options were readily available to toggle on in settings. Gives me a little hope they know leave our note 3 alone. They at least agreed to not out their logo on the home button! Baby steps.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
What benefit did Verizon have by doing this? I've had to use third party apps to get these features back. Has me puzzled.

I have my note 2 with a new rom so these features are present but curious what 3rd party app you used. Was this after root?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Given the high degree of certainty that GN3 will have a very locked down bootloader custom ROM's will be hard to come by to help us address any features that are removed. I do hope a method is found and we can get things fixed quickly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if its a Samsung thing. Verizon by default out of the box did disable continuous home screen and the wifi toggle on the lg G2. Whether it was missed or just not as locked down, those options were readily available to toggle on in settings. Gives me a little hope they know leave our note 3 alone. They at least agreed to not out their logo on the home button! Baby steps.

It's not a Samsung thing. When all other carriers have a feature on the phone and only only the Verizon version doesn't.. It's kind of obvious.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just can't comprehend the logic behind disabling screen scroll and removing a wifi toggle. I guess they could be hoping people aren't smart enough to download a wifi widget so they are stuck using data. Shame they have best speed and coverage here in Arizona. Jenks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae