Recognized Contributor
    Thanks Meter 1487

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankInDaSouth

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    "It has the worst LTE EIRP testing numbers of any modern LTE device. So you will likely have a much poorer/slower experience on LTE than other VZW LTE dual band devices."

VZW dual band LTE Note 3. On paper, it is probably the weakest RF performer that I have seen in a long time. As I posted earlier in the thread this morning, the AWS EIRP is about 10 dB below what it should be. So, the VZW variant Note 3 may be a dual band handset in truth, but it will function as a single band handset most of the time due to its RF limitations.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-25-2013 02:06 AM
    Recognized Contributor
    Thanks Meter 1487

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YankInDaSouth

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    "It has the worst LTE EIRP testing numbers of any modern LTE device. So you will likely have a much poorer/slower experience on LTE than other VZW LTE dual band devices."

VZW dual band LTE Note 3. On paper, it is probably the weakest RF performer that I have seen in a long time. As I posted earlier in the thread this morning, the AWS EIRP is about 10 dB below what it should be. So, the VZW variant Note 3 may be a dual band handset in truth, but it will function as a single band handset most of the time due to its RF limitations.

Well, if it has a substantially weaker radio than the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II, then I won't be upgrading. I will wait for others to buy first, I don't want to buy if it has trouble holding signal in weaker areas.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    09-25-2013 07:55 AM
    No but I would ask the department of redundancy department.
    09-25-2013 08:12 AM
    Excuse my ignorance on this....

What is VZW variant?
    09-25-2013 10:31 AM
    I know people that have the Note 2. on Verizon. They never had any single problems at all.. Matter of fact they had better signals then I had when they would had 4G full strength when I would have 3g to 4g not full strength. I am not putting any stock in what this person said because friends and co-workers here in North Carolina had to say about it. Unless the person is not in a strong 4g area. They might have problems. A friend that has the GS4 said that he had problems with his signal when he put a metal battery cover on his. It seemed to mess with his antenna and signal. When he switched back it was strong again he had no more complaints.
    09-25-2013 10:54 AM
    Oh, never mind. Just realized it means Verizon Wireless.

Is this only a potential problem for Verizon phones or AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint as well?
    09-25-2013 10:56 AM
    Well, if it has a substantially weaker radio than the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II, then I won't be upgrading. I will wait for others to buy first, I don't want to buy if it has trouble holding signal in weaker areas.

Same here. I was about to pull the trigger and upgrade but not after reading this.

09-25-2013 11:02 AM
    Here in North Carolina AT&T is after Verizon with signal Strength. T-Mobile and Sprint are the worst...
    09-25-2013 11:03 AM
    Still trying to find out if this is a radio problem affecting all carriers or just Verizon.
    09-25-2013 11:16 AM
    Still trying to find out if this is a radio problem affecting all carriers or just Verizon.
    It not a problem with Verizon is what I am telling you. What I would tell you to do is, go test it for yourself or asked people that you may know or go on the Gnote 2 thread and ask if people that are on any of the carriers are having signal problems.

I just did a Google search just now : Signal problems with Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon. There is nothing about 4G signal.
    09-25-2013 11:21 AM
    No but I would ask the department of redundancy department.
    You beat me to this....nicely done
    09-25-2013 11:22 AM
    Someone said something on the internet, so it must be true. Right?

I wouldn't let something like this persuade you from a purchase. The phone isn't even out yet, besides, if you do buy it and have troubles - it CAN be returned (VZW has what, a 14 day window like most other carriers? Correct me if I'm wrong). And if it is true, might be something can be addressed via update. Until a large number of people get it in their hands to test, millions > probably the less than hundred QC testers Samsung probably has. Just my 2kb.
    Preach2k, cjsmoove and Johnly like this.
    09-25-2013 12:47 PM
    "Dissuade"

Not many have made it out yet so if anything I would chock it up to prototype or development versions.
    09-25-2013 03:04 PM
    Just to throw this out there, my Verizon Note 2 gets 4 or 5 bars everywhere. Never had I had a signal problem nor thought my signal was weak... LTE speeds I consistently get 30 down 14 up.
    09-25-2013 04:56 PM

I wouldn't let something like this persuade you from a purchase. The phone isn't even out yet, besides, if you do buy it and have troubles - it CAN be returned (VZW has what, a 14 day window like most other carriers? Correct me if I'm wrong). And if it is true, might be something can be addressed via update. Until a large number of people get it in their hands to test, millions > probably the less than hundred QC testers Samsung probably has. Just my 2kb.
    Updates can only do so much. Just look at the Thunderbolt and Verizon galaxy Nexus. If a lot of people complain about the signal , I would wait until it is fixed before buying. The subpar radio on my Thunderbolt bugged me to no end. I was hoping with aws that the signal would improve. Guess time will tell.

09-25-2013 05:01 PM

exactly, 14 days. My note 2 has a great signal, and the note 3 will be more of the same.....you heard it here so it is true! Besides, 14 days is plenty to see if the device will do!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-2013 05:09 PM
    No problems here. I have also a mifi device with 4g, but it doesn't find lte here at all. Note3 gives 1-2 bars and feels stable. Dunno about places with good fields though, but not bad anyway.

09-25-2013 05:15 PM
    Updates can only do so much. Just look at the Thunderbolt and Verizon galaxy Nexus. If a lot of people complain about the signal , I would wait until it is fixed before buying. The subpar radio on my Thunderbolt bugged me to no end. I was hoping with aws that the signal would improve. Guess time will tell.

Yes The Galaxy Nexus has have Signal problems but the S3, S4 and the GNote 2 has not had any signal problems. This comes from friends with these devices on Verizon. I used to get upset because I would not have full strength on my Gnex on Verizon and my friends with the S4, S3, and Gnote2 had strong signals.
    09-25-2013 10:20 PM