Most of you guys can probably wait for the Note 3 much easier then me because it unlikely that you guys have been using a 7 year old non smartphone since 06.

My brother in law is convincing me to buy the Note 2 once the Note 3 come out because it would be a few hundred dollars cheaper, but he bought his use which I would never do. This is going to be my first smart phone purchase (own a Iphone 3gs given to me by a friend) so it going to be a very special occasion for me. He also isn't gaming intensive on his phone like I would be doing so the higher spec and 1080 screen doesn't matter to him.

The decision is slightly harder for me because the Note 3 did not have the majority of things I was expecting. I thought the Note 3 would have the following: front facing speaker, 3500 mah battery, flexible screen, 16 megapixel camera with S-orb technology, 6 inch screen, and wireless charging.

Nonetheless it has something that the Note 2 (U.S) does not have, and that is 32gb, which is important for games and other apps.

So the question is should I get a Note 2 or Note 3? Will the air command be available to Note 2 user in later updates? Is $450 for Note 2 a better deal than $750 (tax) for a Note 3? Is all the processor and spec worth it on the Note 3 for that price?

Thanks
    09-27-2013 04:02 PM
    The Note 2 is cheaper but there's no way I'd buy a Note 2 instead of a Note 3. It largely depends on important the difference in cost is to you and how important having the superior phone is to you. If you just want a good phablet then I don't think the Note 2 will dissapoint. ...but you may wish you'd gotten the Note 3.
    09-27-2013 04:15 PM
    Well, how important is game performance to you? If you compare 3dmark benchmark scores between the note 2 and 3, the scores are roughly 3k and 17k respectively. The note 3 (LTE version) has crazy specs and starts at 32gb supposedly instead of the 16gb which is the starter size for note 2. Seeing as you hold onto a phone for many years, I'd recommend spending the little extra to stay as current as possible. If you were to change phones again in a year then it's easy to recommend the note 2.

We were all (or at least I was) hoping that the note 3 was going to be 6" but nope. I bet the note 4 will be 5.9 going by the trends. I don't know of any phones that have the specs you listed, they all fall short in some area, but for the battery you could always get an extended one, no problem.

Long story short, I recommend the note 3 if you plan on using the phone for many years especially if you game or do any sort of emulator stuff.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-27-2013 04:18 PM
    It makes zero sense to buy a note 2 unless you're trying to save money or stay out of contract.

GS4/iPhone5
    09-27-2013 04:19 PM
    Well, how important is game performance to you? If you compare 3dmark benchmark scores between the note 2 and 3, the scores are roughly 3k and 17k respectively. The note 3 (LTE version) has crazy specs and starts at 32gb supposedly instead of the 16gb which is the starter size for note 2. Seeing as you hold onto a phone for many years, I'd recommend spending the little extra to stay as current as possible. If you were to change phones again in a year then it's easy to recommend the note 2.

We were all (or at least I was) hoping that the note 3 was going to be 6" but nope. I bet the note 4 will be 5.9 going by the trends. I don't know of any phones that have the specs you listed, they all fall short in some area, but for the battery you could always get an extended one, no problem.

Long story short, I recommend the note 3 if you plan on using the phone for many years especially if you game or do any sort of emulator stuff.
    Wow, I didn't realize the gaming benchmark between the two were that huge! Well my brother in law is saying get the Note 2 and upgrade to the Note 4 which is going to be a bigger upgrade. I don't plan on changing phone until the Note 3 no longer work lol.

How is the note 3 battery life? Is it more, on par or less than the Note 2. The Note 3 is only 100 mah more but it use 1080 so it going to drain more than the Note 2 so battery life is less? Am I wrong?
    09-27-2013 04:26 PM
    I just upgraded from Note 2 to Note 3.

Camera is a million times better...loads more preset modes and of course google sphere mode (surround shot as samsung name it).

Screen is incredibly sharp. I'm blown away by it! Especially it being an amoled..can't believe it is such high quality!

32gb on board (really about 26gb after os use)..better than I had on my 16gb Note 2.

CPU is quicker which is expected. .I'm not a gamer..but general use seems smoother.

Didnt expect to see major changes from Note 2 to 3..just thought "oh it will be little changes."

Note 2 is really good though..but if you can get the 3 instead..definitely worth it!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-27-2013 05:08 PM
    I just upgraded from Note 2 to Note 3.

Camera is a million times better...loads more preset modes and of course google sphere mode (surround shot as samsung name it).

Screen is incredibly sharp. I'm blown away by it! Especially it being an amoled..can't believe it is such high quality!

32gb on board (really about 26gb after os use)..better than I had on my 16gb Note 2.

CPU is quicker which is expected. .I'm not a gamer..but general use seems smoother.

Didnt expect to see major changes from Note 2 to 3..just thought "oh it will be little changes."

Note 2 is really good though..but if you can get the 3 instead..definitely worth it!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    Odd I thought there wasn't enough major changes. I really thought it was going to be at least 6 inches screen. Thanks for your input!
    09-27-2013 09:04 PM
    Another thought -- if you keep a phone two years like so many do, then the Note 2 will be three years old at at the end of the two years, which is eons in phone years. For a little more (very little more if figured on a per-month basis over the two years) you can have a faster, more modern phone in almost every aspect if you opt for the Note 3 instead of the Note 2.
    09-27-2013 11:28 PM
    BobFr

I didn't realize so many people wanted the Note 3 because it wasn't too far ago that many Note 2 users didn't feel that the Note 3 was worth the upgrade. Is there any new info now about the Note 3 that is making people wanting to upgrade now?
    09-28-2013 01:46 AM