Kept unlimited data and got a gn3

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So saw on droid life that verizon is allowing you to keep unlimited data when you upgrade.

I just upgraded two lines and kept my unlimited data. Verified with verizon chat and also 611. Chat stated its a a promo and 611 stated once the order is placed and the system allowed it, they will not take it away.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
WOW - I might have to try this but they won't let you bill to the account on pre-orders. I will pay the $700 before I lose my unlimited data

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I saw this bit I'm too chicken to pull the trigger LOL
Once it goes through can they reneg and force you off unlimited? It's a risk I'm not willing to take ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
i have unlimited data with ATT, I made sure when i pre-ordered i talked to the online chat people that they would transfer my data like they did for my Galaxy S4 and they said they would, She also made a note on my account so when i call in after i get my N3 to have it put back...

darkkterror

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I just saw the article about it here on the site. For some reason I'm anticipating a lot of upset people when Verizon tries to tell them it was a website glitch and that they don't have their unlimited data plan anymore.

bitfidelity

May 26, 2013
Visit site
If they take you off unlimited data without any clarification, they deserve to get sued up the ******* ***.

In the case that Verizon doesn't honor this, the worst that will probably happen is that people won't get their phone unless they agree to losing their unlimited data.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just saw the article about it here on the site. For some reason I'm anticipating a lot of upset people when Verizon tries to tell them it was a website glitch and that they don't have their unlimited data plan anymore.

I see VZW fixing this ricky tick and screwing a lot of people....

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

There really isn't much risk involved, as the worst case scenario is that you undo the upgrade and revert back to previous contract and they reset your upgrade.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, it made it's way to the "deal sites", and that surely means it's going to get killed. I'm not sure a dumber collection of people exist outside of slickdeals.

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
yes got my confirmation email that shows my unlimited data too.

And for everyone else I saved the chat when I asked if it was a glitch and the rep stated it was a promo.

BobC43

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon and just ordered the upgrade. I did receive the confirmation email and it indeed shows unlimited email and web. Will be interesting to see how they may try to cancel this.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was always under the impression that IF you DID NOT pay FULL retail value for your device you lose your unlimited plan! Any glitch WILL be corrected. You can claim ignorance but is it really worth losing your unlimited plan???

The grandfathered unlimited is only continued when you pay FULL RETAIL for your device, so if you UPGRADE and take advantage of the subsidized device you will be SOL!

If you upgrade your phone instead of paying full the full cost.........you will subject to the terms and conditions of big red....you will hear the music playing as they take away your unlimited data plan.

You will call to complain how it was there fault, it was online so it must be true, that is when the service reps voice will change...

You have been assimilated....resistance is futile!

LOL

So go ahead and roll the dice with that unlimited plan....

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well it is over!!! Verizon Closes the Unlimited Data Keeping!!!
Well, our weekend of upgrades with unlimited data appears to have come to a close. Within the last hour, we received word that Verizon systems in stores were no longer allowing reps to select unlimited data packages as options during upgrades. We are also now being forced off of unlimited data while walking through the upgrade process online that previously left our current plans in tact. Was fun while it lasted.

verizon-data-fix-650x196.jpg

The question now remains – will Verizon honor all of these upgrades with unlimited data once phones arrive within the next couple of days? We know that many of you upgraded online, chose in-store pick-up, and then activated the phones with great success over the last two days. Good job on that move, folks. But what about those who upgraded and are having devices shipped to their homes?

Those phones will show up on doorsteps within the next day or so. Will Verizon do the right thing and allow them to keep their current plans, exactly as the checkout and online contract-signing process showed? If not, then they better get ready for a whole bunch of returns. Because if your phone shows up and attempts to change you off of unlimited data during activation, feel free to return the phone and get your old plan back.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/09/29/verizon-appears-to-have-fixed-the-unlimited-data-keeping-bug/

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If they did that, it would be bait and switch which is illegal.

Imo, worse case they just cancel the order, or you may get the device, but it would say no unlimited, including which case just return it.

I posted the thread which AC linked to and would have taken the plunge myself except that my unlimited line isn't up for an upgrade

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon dare to take people's unlimited data away, then I think it's time the government stepped in and gave them the clamps, they've been unchecked for far too long.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc