Hi,

Ive recently got an note 3 from having an iphone for the last 4 years. Im enjoying the note 3 and its features a lot more but theres a few things thats bugging me;

When I get a notification from an app, the only thing that happens is the phone vibrates/makes a noise, no message is displayed on the lock screen to say what app it is, also when I go onto the home screens and look at the apps theres no symbol to show to say there is a notification (for example on facebook theres no little "1" however there is in the apps folder.

Also the hand gestures to go page up and down have suddendly stopped working.

Any advise?
    09-29-2013 03:39 PM
    Hi,

Ive recently got an note 3 from having an iphone for the last 4 years. Im enjoying the note 3 and its features a lot more but theres a few things thats bugging me;

When I get a notification from an app, the only thing that happens is the phone vibrates/makes a noise, no message is displayed on the lock screen to say what app it is, also when I go onto the home screens and look at the apps theres no symbol to show to say there is a notification (for example on facebook theres no little "1" however there is in the apps folder.

Any advise?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I haven't had stock Samsung in a while, but you can try pulling the notification shade down while on the lockscreen.

Sent from a 4.3 Slim S3 using the AC forums app
    09-29-2013 03:43 PM
    Hi golddriver, i didnt know you should do that, i should of tried really considering you can dot hat on iphones.

Is there no way to get it to display on the lock screen?
    09-29-2013 04:29 PM
    Hi golddriver, i didnt know you should do that, i should of tried really considering you can dot hat on iphones.

Is there no way to get it to display on the lock screen?
    As far as I know, you cannot. You can disable notifications from stuff you don't need to be notified from. Say if you have 2 calendar apps, you can disable the notifications from one so that you don't get bombarded by one event.

Sent from a 4.3 Slim S3 using the AC forums app
    09-29-2013 04:47 PM
    Hi,

Any advise?
    i don't have mine yet since i'm on verizon.....but i think what you are looking for is "lock screen widgets"..... the following video shows how to add lock screen widgets to the s4 and i would think that would be close to the settings you would find on the note 3....worth a look...

How to get lock screen widgets on the Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android Central
    09-29-2013 05:22 PM
    you might want to check out this vid too, since you are new to android.

have you checked to make sure you do not have "blocking mode" selected in the notification bar.
    ajm91484 likes this.
    09-29-2013 05:36 PM