USB 3.0 charging speed

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Very quick

Tried it tonight and it took 2 hours to charge completely. Think it saves a good 30 minutes to an hour on the old cable.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Is this via USB charging or AC charging? Most AC adapters can output 1.5amps which is more than a USB3 port on a computer. Do you have an old USB2 charging cable you can compare it to?

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Very quick

Tried it tonight and it took 2 hours to charge completely. Think it saves a good 30 minutes to an hour on the old cable.

Is this via USB charging or AC charging? Most AC adapters can output 1.5amps which is more than a USB3 port on a computer. Do you have an old USB2 charging cable you can compare it to?

Is this the Snapdragon version? Because the chip has a new quick charging mode built into it.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I found it very odd Samsung didn't market this more to compare with the iphone. Faster charge and faster data transfer (I believe). Considering how this was skimmed over, when Apple decides to change their connector again with usb 3 they'll make it seem like nobody else has ever done this before.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Not Apples fault Samsung didn't play it up. But I can't wait to get my Note 3 looks like I've got a lot to learn coming from a Razor Maxx.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My note 2 charges in just under 2.5hrs. 30 minutes faster is nice, but at least for me, not really a huge benefit

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

darkkterror

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Apple change their connector again? Aren't we changing our connector right now? I have a graveyard of outdated USB cables.......

You can still use the USB 2.0 micro B cables, you just won't get the faster transfer speeds of USB 3.0. Apple's lightning connector had no backwards compatibility, at least not without expensive adapters.

hypokondriak

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
You can still use the USB 2.0 micro B cables, you just won't get the faster transfer speeds of USB 3.0. Apple's lightning connector had no backwards compatibility, at least not without expensive adapters.

Yeah I know it's still compatible, but USB is hardly the gold standard for adapters never changing is all I'm saying. I'll just buy generic USB 3.0 cables just like I bought generic adapters for my wife's iPad. You don't have to buy expensive adapters in either case.

darkkterror

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know it's still compatible, but USB is hardly the gold standard for adapters never changing is all I'm saying. I'll just buy generic USB 3.0 cables just like I bought generic adapters for my wife's iPad. You don't have to buy expensive adapters in either case.

Buying those cables is entirely your choice. You don't need to, not unless you're in a situation where you actually want that increased transfer speed. Existing chargers, speaker docks, or other accessories that connect through the USB port will still work without any adapters. That wasn't an option with Apple. Besides, anyone that expects connectors to never change is highly delusional. That's just the way technology works. Standards and connectors become obsolete once they can no longer manage to accomplish what we demand of them. I didn't shed any tears when Serial or Parallel ports started to disappear.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh man serial ports, always fun when ONE pin was bent.

Anyways, since the lightning cable was JUST introduced, I wonder if apple will ever be introducing usb 3 data transfer speeds anytime soon. Maybe they can somehow modify the existing ones to allow more bandwidth? Or just stay on usb 2 for another 5 years? Well, that's a discussion for another time.

hypokondriak

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh man serial ports, always fun when ONE pin was bent.

Anyways, since the lightning cable was JUST introduced, I wonder if apple will ever be introducing usb 3 data transfer speeds anytime soon. Maybe they can somehow modify the existing ones to allow more bandwidth? Or just stay on usb 2 for another 5 years? Well, that's a discussion for another time.

I never heard the final say on if the shielding for their lightning connector could be used as the ninth pin (ground). If so then the existing cable could handle USB3 as-is.

I'll be interested in professional benchmarks to see just how fast the NAND is in the Note 3. That will obviously be the bottleneck here so interested to see what rates it is capable of.

VAHE999

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Anybody can aNswer my question?i have galaxy note 3...its not charging via usb...when i plug it into my pc the battery % goes down...I try to factory reset....after reset it works fine,but when i try copy videofiles in my phone after copying videofiles the % goes down again...what happening?its like my phone dont like videofiles????SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Anybody can aNswer my question?i have galaxy note 3...its not charging via usb...when i plug it into my pc the battery % goes down...I try to factory reset....after reset it works fine,but when i try copy videofiles in my phone after copying videofiles the % goes down again...what happening?its like my phone dont like videofiles????SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

Your pc isn't providing enough power to the USB port. Nothing you can do about it, except charge from the wall or get a new pc.

Posted via Android Central App