Car Mount

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm needing recommendations for a good car mount manufacturer. I've use a few in the past that have been flimsy and jar around. I have an ultra gauge in my car that has a stiff, stable suction mount that never moves and I'd like to find a similar one for my upcoming Note 3 seeing as I use my phone for GPS and I can go hands free now with my new stereo receiver.

TIA,
Belinda

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I will second proclip as a company. Great product. Not the cheapest, but integrates well into the cars and well made. Customer service is fantastic.

Sandman64

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Use it everyday in my work truck with Galaxy Note 2 wrapped in a Otterbox Defender Case and it fits great. So the Note 3 will definitely fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

racqueteer68

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm needing recommendations for a good car mount manufacturer. I've use a few in the past that have been flimsy and jar around. I have an ultra gauge in my car that has a stiff, stable suction mount that never moves and I'd like to find a similar one for my upcoming Note 3 seeing as I use my phone for GPS and I can go hands free now with my new stereo receiver.

TIA,
Belinda

These were meant for the Note 2 but in discussions from other forums, they say the Note 3 would be compatible. I plan to get xProDock for Samsung but will try and wait out for one specifically made for the note 3. http://www.ibolt.co/ibxs-33604 and http://www.amazon.com/iBOLT-xProDoc...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3103055

Kidigi is another brand I'm look at. http://www.kidigi.com/products_lv2.php?pid=1426

Posted via Android Central App

LokiM

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I'd wanna drill it into my car, does it work with adhesive?

No drilling. It has adhesive, but I've not used it. In our two cars, the mounts clip into the seams around the dashboard securely. For me, that means they can be removed without a trace.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Would the samsung work with a textured leather look dash? Not sure how a suction cup would stick to it.

you can use these little adhesive disk that stick to the dash, then the suction cup attaches to that. based on prior experience, the suction cup wont work on the dash. you might think it will until you turn a corner and the phone flies across the car.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
you can use these little adhesive disk that stick to the dash, then the suction cup attaches to that. based on prior experience, the suction cup wont work on the dash. you might think it will until you turn a corner and the phone flies across the car.

I've always been afraid those things would leave residue or discolor the dash. Have you found this to be a problem?

racqueteer68

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Did you mean, even with the adhesive disk, the phone would come off?

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've always been afraid those things would leave residue or discolor the dash. Have you found this to be a problem?

I've used the adhesive remover turtle wax sells. Same stuff you use to get the windows sticker off a new car. You shouldn't see discoloration unless it's been on there for a long time and the sun changes the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz