Holster case/belt clip for Note 3?

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been keeping my eyes out for a quality holster case/belt clip for the Note 3, since I think due to the larger size of the phone (much larger than the iPhone 4 I'm currently using), it'll be more comfortable to clip it to the waist-band of my jeans or the lip of the front pocket (but if I'm wearing cargo shorts during he summer, I'll just shove it into a side-pocket).

Currently, the best one I've found on amazon is this one: Amazon.com: i-Blason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III N9000 Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Case with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Personally, I much prefer a vintage leather look, such as the one I'm using for my iPhone by Spigen (the stuff written on it is my doing):
5D3_0850.jpg

5D3_0851.jpg

5D3_0852.jpg

And I especially love how after using that case for a while, it ages so well and has so much character (a much more interesting look than the sterile looking high-tech cases):
Spigen_vintage_leather-aged-1.jpg

Spigen_vintage_leather-aged-2.jpg

But it seems like no one ever makes a holster case/belt clip in the vintage leather style. So it looks like I might have to try and split the solution into a vintage leather case, and then buy a generic holster/belt clip to hold it. Any suggestions?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This one isn't exactly vintage leather, but it's what I have on my watchlist. BK Texture High End Leather Case Clip Holster Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | eBay
I don't have any experience with belt clip cases but thought it might be a good idea for when I'm outside doing yard work. You might try browsing through etsy.com. There were many nice ones that came up for the Notes 1 and 2. It'll probably take awhile until there are some for the 3.

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't have rotatable clip though, which I think might come in really handy depending on what kind of clothes you have on. Sometimes you might want to clip it vertically, and sometimes horizontally.

I guess if no vintage leather styles are available, I'd settle for just a nice holster/clip regardless of style--as long as it's not too juvenile looking. :D

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey, that's pretty good. $73 is still pretty steep for a holster, but I like that the top is fully covered compared to the $99 one I posted, and the light tan color is better than that orange brown too. It's funny how it's easy to fall under the illusion that you can find anything on amazon or ebay, but often the most interesting choices are found elsewhere.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree! Lol I just googled up Note 3 holsters and found them. BTW I just ordered a Black one. Along with a Slim Fit Spigen case from Amazon. The nutshell was $15 shipping I should add.

taxiron1

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have had the best luck with the stock verizon holster/clip set. I just use the case half of it. Its got a neat pull out kickstand fot flat surface viewing> Its a hard rubber diamond pattern back that is great for gripping, and covers all edges. I used it with my Note 2 and Razr Maxx.

Sharad Mulchand

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I am the one that designed and made the case on Etsy. I am an architect and most of the cases you see in my Etsy shop are custom designed and sized also. e.g I make iPhone cases in 7 different sizes. This design started out as a case for an iPhone 5 only, but someone requested it be made from this leather for his Note 2. It is a huge case. If that person had wanted a full flap it would have been with a full flap. If you want to see the two extreme ends of iPhone sizes then check this one out https://www.etsy.com/listing/160704235/iphone-5-mophie-ebony-case-w-full-flap?ref=shop_home_active

Hey, that's pretty good. $73 is still pretty steep for a holster, but I like that the top is fully covered compared to the $99 one I posted, and the light tan color is better than that orange brown too. It's funny how it's easy to fall under the illusion that you can find anything on amazon or ebay, but often the most interesting choices are found elsewhere.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have used the BoxWave Case/Holster combo with all my phones since the Thunderbolt & now the Bote 2 & really does work well for me. BoxWave won't give me any date when they will have it for the note 3 yet. To Sharad, I would not pay $99 for a cases in that config. I absolutely hate the horizontal config. I hang my BoxWave from my pocket, not the belt .... my love handles are not that big, but horizontal always twists & turns so I am always in conflict with it! Hanging down & vertical work great! The higher the clip the better!
Amazon.com: BoxWave Dual+ Holster Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Case - 3-in-1 Case with Holster Combo Includes Protective Case and Belt Clip Holster with Integrated Viewing Stand - New and Improved Design! (Jet Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Cheers, Jon

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
They are on amazon. I just purchased a thin clear hard case and a nice leather case with a nice belt clip. Latch has magnet. 7 dollars.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If I had to choose, I'd pick vertical orientation too, since I don't like tucking in my clothes and I don't wear a belt, so hanging from the pocket of my jeans/shorts would be better than the waistband.

Having a holster/case combo where the front of the phone is left unprotected when not inside the holster, makes me a bit nervous. I would prefer the case have a front cover.

@Sharad - So you'll be able to use any kind of material and customize the size, shape, and design? If I do my own design and have you make it, then that would be awesome.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
yep believe they are the same bought two to use the holsters from, the rubber part is a pain to remove and insert in holster and deforms at the bottom as only a thin strip remains where the speaker is. the holster will work with a little heat gun treatment for the spigen neo hybrid I have but in the past the same case for the note two broke off the belt clip twice so I bought two of the cheaper priced version to have a backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21