If so i have a question, if i was tired of my note 2 due to the size and touchwiz look and feel... Does the note 3 provide a refreshing experience? Or would you bet I would be tired of the note 3 rather quickly also.. (not saying its a bad device at all, spec wise its the best)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    10-01-2013 02:11 PM
    If you didn't like TouchWiz before, you won't like it now. It's still TouchWiz. Yes, improved (you'd better check out AC's review to see how it works), but still Touch Wiz. If the size was too big for you, well, that will still be the case since this is the same size (roughly), but at least you get a larger screen with a higher PPI.

Other than a faster device and some neat little added features to S-Pen functionality, you won't be feeling that much of a difference if you're using a Note 2.
    Galaxia likes this.
    10-01-2013 02:36 PM
    Yea i loved the note 2 probably my favorite phone ...but after the gs3 and note 2 I'm a little over it.... I'll still visit the note 3 in store before my 14day is up on my htc one... And maybe get back to Samsung on the gs5 (Verizon edge) granted they revamp touchwiz

10-01-2013 02:42 PM
    Slap nova on there, that's what I did.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-01-2013 03:58 PM
    The whole point of the Note is getting to take advantage of the S-Pen. Unfortunately, switching launchers removes some of the neat S-Pen features since they're built into TouchWiz. So, no free lunch...
    10-01-2013 04:05 PM
    I use Nova on the Note 2 and haven't lost any of the important SPen functionality.
    the1m.polo and msndrstood like this.
    10-01-2013 05:12 PM
    I use Nova on the Note 2 and haven't lost any of the important SPen functionality.
    What are some of the unimportant functions you lost?

I'm only curious because I love my n2 and want to take full advantage of the s pen when my 3 arrives.

10-01-2013 05:33 PM
    What are some of the unimportant functions you lost?

I'm only curious because I love my n2 and want to take full advantage of the s pen when my 3 arrives.

Nothing. The only thing you lose would be a few Samsung widgets.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    10-01-2013 05:37 PM
    The whole point of the Note is getting to take advantage of the S-Pen. Unfortunately, switching launchers removes some of the neat S-Pen features since they're built into TouchWiz. So, no free lunch...
    Yea i used Nova on my note 2 and had no loss in functionality.... I just hate buying a phone to have to then fix it myself.... But yeah it still works with Nova... Idk about any others...

10-01-2013 06:01 PM
    Ummm... not really. For instance, hovering over items on the launcher with the S-Pen (or finger in S4) is lost if you switch launchers. Some have reported that the neat new action wheel for the S-Pen on the Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 is gone if you don't stick to TouchWiz (although I have seen a couple that do manage to get it working without it, so I'm not sure if this will hold true for all builds). Yes, Samsung widgets are gone if you use another launcher. Some Air Gestures related to moving things around in the home screen will also not work but with TouchWiz.

Sure, you don't lose 'everything' and the hardcore S-Pen use will be app-dependent, not launcher-dependent, but you don't get 'the full experience'. It's a trade-off, and it's yours to decide if it's a worthy one for YOU.
    10-02-2013 08:59 AM
    I'll have to play with a Note 3 in store to see what functionality you lose if you install Nova. But from my experience with the Note 2, Note 8, and Note 10.1, I still had access to all of the pen functionality. I turn AirPlay off to save battery life, so I can't comment on it. Maybe that's missing in Nova, but the pop-up notes, hold down to get action menu, and other SPen functions that I use all work fine on the Note 2, 8, and 10.1 with Nova.
    10-02-2013 10:49 AM