Went into a T-Mobile store today.....LOL

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
So quick funny story, went into a T-Mobile store today to check out the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear. For one they didn't have the Galaxy Gear in stock. When I asked to see the Note 3, they took me over to its display....... it as a Note 2 in the display setup for the note 3. They then went on to tell me that I was looking at the note 3, when in fact.... I'm not an ***** and know the difference. Just find it funny how slow the store is.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So quick funny story, went into a T-Mobile store today to check out the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear. For one they didn't have the Galaxy Gear in stock. When I asked to see the Note 3, they took me over to its display....... it as a Note 2 in the display setup for the note 3. They then went on to tell me that I was looking at the note 3, when in fact.... I'm not an ***** and know the difference. Just find it funny how slow the store is.

I was in the store today too.
This man walked in very eager with excitement on his face to get the white Note 3. the rep told him they just got them in and have not put up a display yet. But currently were not offering the white one. Only black. He was crushed.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
There were two Note 3's sold in the few minutes I was in playing with a demo model at my T-Mobile store. But no Note 3's on display and the Note 2s were labeled as out of stock.

5fingerdiscount

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My store didn't have any on display and only had two black in stock. Luckily, I wanted a black one and made the first purchase for the day. Would have been a bigger purchase except they don't have any of the accessories in stock :(

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I think my purchase was the first time the rep who sold it to me had actually seen the Note 3 up close. But fortunately he had owned a Note 2, so was familiar with the setup. Keep in mind a lot of people are not as Obsessed with this phone (and the latest in the smart phone industry) as we are. And many of the carriers are still ramping up for sales.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I think my purchase was the first time the rep who sold it to me had actually seen the Note 3 up close. But fortunately he had owned a Note 2, so was familiar with the setup. Keep in mind a lot of people are not as Obsessed with this phone (and the latest in the smart phone industry) as we are. And many of the carriers are still ramping up for sales.

True but to walk into a T-Mobile store where Cell Phones are their job and to not know the difference between a 2 and 3 seem to say the least.... odd..

GeneD

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Makes me glad I preordered and had it in my hand this morning. I would blame the manager of the store and their boss for not training and informing the staff properly.

Posted via Android Central App

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up today in my local store and I heard one of the reps telling a customer that the new micro USB 3 port on the unit meant that it was HDMI ready. When I heard that same rep say that the back on the black unit was genuine leather, I put in my ear-buds until it was my turn.

ashley2180

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
When I asked for a white GN3, the rep had to double check to see if they had any left, he said something about having to get some more from a different location. As I got mine activated, the guy next to me was purchasing a black one. This was around 3pm in a T-MOBILE in Frisco, TX. There was a display phone and the reps all seemed knowledgeable about it. Great experience overall!

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
They had the note 3 In display but was in a note 2 display stand. *Facepalm... They only had white in stock..

Posted via Android Central App

Blackintuit

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
The T-mobile version has "T-mobile" across the back.

No one knew the tweezers were for changing out the S-pen tips (including myself at the time)

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

You're not in the Harrisburg, PA area by any chance? That's exactly the attitude at my local AT&T store!

Chris Nguyen2

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
This is why I don't want to buy from anywhere but corporate store. All these authorize retailer staffs are so stupid it boggle my mind. Worst is when they lie to you which really **** me off.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Just picked mine up and got it all set up. Man, love this phone. As soon as I got in line ten people showed up. There were only two workers. Everyone was there for the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

hypokondriak

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Short of Samsung providing demo's or T-Mobile providing training I really don't expect them to know much about the phones. My local store didn't get stock until yesterday, and the two employees working today were not even in yesterday.

T-Mobile employees are normal people too. I don't like doing anything that is remotely close to my day job in my free time, and I certainly don't expect them to do it either. I'd rather they go get drunk, watch TV, spend time with family, or anything else to enrich their lives at the risk of getting made fun of on internet forums because they don't know a device they have yet to touch or be formally or informally trained on. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech