how is transitioning to this phone?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Here's the thing,I love everything about this phone. Love the battery,screen,specs,etc. The only thing I'm not sure on is the size.

I went to a T-Mobile store today to plat around with the note 3, and while I didn't hate its size as much as i thought, it still did bother me a bit. I have no clue if this'll fit in my pocket or not, but maybe I just need to bite the bullet and use it for the return window and see if I like it or not?

Has anyone here transfered from a normal size phone?was it polarizing or bad?

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a T-Mobile (HTC) G2, and so far I am liking the change.

I made sure before I left the store this morning that the Note 3 would fit in a shirt pocket and pants pockets.
I do stand 6' tall though, and when I measured my hand the other day I came up with 8" from the base of my palm to the tip of my index finger,
so I don't expect the phone to be as easy to hold for many people.

I also come from years of using Palm devices, and usually carry a pad of paper around with me, the Note 3 is more comfortable in some ways than both of those older options.

GeneD

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It is a big phone and that is the whole point of it. Typing is mostly a two handed affair. The stylus is more useful than the novelty I was expecting it to be. Just a great device... I am coming from an iPho5. Big and welcome change for me.

Posted via Android Central App

ashley2180

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Coming from iPhone and palm pre, I'm overwhelmed by the UI and customization options... But that's why I got this phone so I'm just gonna take my time and have fun. I LOVE the size it's perfect although I'm not using S-pen a whole lot right now; maybe once I have all my business stuff set up I will.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's the thing,I love everything about this phone. Love the battery,screen,specs,etc. The only thing I'm not sure on is the size.

I went to a T-Mobile store today to plat around with the note 3, and while I didn't hate its size as much as i thought, it still did bother me a bit. I have no clue if this'll fit in my pocket or not, but maybe I just need to bite the bullet and use it for the return window and see if I like it or not?

Has anyone here transfered from a normal size phone?was it polarizing or bad?
I got the first Note as soon as it landed in the states. It was released here months after it's launch which gave reviewers all the time they needed to warn everyone that to use it as a phone would cause laughter in the streets with fingers pointing at the user. I couldn't wait for a large screen and I left plenty of comments in support of it. Slowly, more and more folks commented too, that they loved the screen size first and after a few days, it felt very natural. BTW, I'm 5'4" and have mine in a wallet type case that adds width to it. I've never had anyone laugh at me, but I've had plenty of people ask me about it, especially how to get one of their own. With the first Note, there were even a few people in the forum that took theirs back, and later on came back to say they went back and got it AGAIN because they couldn't go back to a smaller screen. It's like an old commercial, try it, you'll like it!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a T-Mobile (HTC) G2, and so far I am liking the change.

I made sure before I left the store this morning that the Note 3 would fit in a shirt pocket and pants pockets.
I do stand 6' tall though, and when I measured my hand the other day I came up with 8" from the base of my palm to the tip of my index finger,
so I don't expect the phone to be as easy to hold for many people.

I also come from years of using Palm devices, and usually carry a pad of paper around with me, the Note 3 is more comfortable in some ways than both of those older options.
For women, it's easier to only worry about putting it in a purse. I like to say once I realized the advantage of the S-notes and never losing anything written down, I lost five pounds, of paper in my purse. lol

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It is a big phone and that is the whole point of it. Typing is mostly a two handed affair. The stylus is more useful than the novelty I was expecting it to be. Just a great device... I am coming from an iPho5. Big and welcome change for me.

Posted via Android Central App
I got mine this afternoon from TMobile and while you can use two hands to type, in the settings you will find one for one hand use. What it does is that depending whether you are right or left handed, the keyboard and calculator shrinks to a smaller size and move to the right or left so that you can type with one hand.... practical ? yes..... pretty ? ... NO.... at least not to me. One thing I have been problems with is Google Play, I keep getting "no connection available" a lot..... I am about to do a battery pull and see if this help.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I got mine this afternoon from TMobile and while you can use two hands to type, in the settings you will find one for one hand use. What it does is that depending whether you are right or left handed, the keyboard and calculator shrinks to a smaller size and move to the right or left so that you can type with one hand.... practical ? yes..... pretty ? ... NO.... at least not to me. One thing I have been problems with is Google Play, I keep getting "no connection available" a lot..... I am about to do a battery pull and see if this help.

It's not your phone. I read about a glitch with Google Play this morning. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol