White phone, black back cover?

Chris Nguyen2

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My local T-mobile store has the black demo phone but no white demo phone so I couldn't compare the two. I heard from many people that the black has a rubberize back while the white and possibly pink one is just texture feel. If this is the case, is it possible to have a white phone with a black back? When I held that black phone in my hand it was amazing. It felt so good and it would be disappointing to know that the white doesn't have the same feel. Also the black phone this time around is actually black and it look so professional. Black is my least favorite color for phone but this time around, I would get the black phone with no remorse if the white phone does not have a rubbery back feel.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I'd say you're probably getting the black one lol! From my att experience the other day with a white demo unit, it was not rubbery at all. Had more of a smooth leather/plastic feel similar to a cheap couch. Also another factor may be that according to various reports, and in store knowledgeable associates they may not see a white variant for another month or so, not sure about online. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I got mine in black and while I was buying it there was another guy buying a white one and I asked him to let me handle it to see the cover. I can tell you that the feel is exactly the same as the black one, no difference what so ever, is just that I don't care much for white and some one mentioned that it tends to get dirtier than the black.... I don't if it is true or not.

barnabydog

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung site doesn't show replacement covers for the Note 3 yet, but you can find covers for the previous versions under the cell phone accessories category. Unless Samsung decides to completely change direction, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the Note 3 covers will be available. I'm guessing that right now available production capacity is devoted to shipping complete phones for the global launch.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You can get the white phone, then buy a replacement black back cover from Samsung.

This is exactly how I have my Galaxy Note 2 set up. The phone is white, and I have a black leather crocodile back cover.

It looks really nice, and people ask me about it all the time.

I don't think the leather is real since I only paid $24.99 for it, but it's soft and looks really nice on the phone. I don't use a case (adds too much bulk for my liking).

Posted via Android Central App

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I am divided about a white or black note 3 - know such consternation is pretty silly but it is really important to me - I am so confused as I have seen threads saying the black cover is definitely soft and the white cover definitely hard - has anyone else held each their hands for a true test ????

I still can't believe Samsung would make two different textural feels and not market each as such.......Samsung has such well executed marketing and product promotional strategies why would they make two backs covers with two different feels and not market each as such????

I have been leaning towards a white unit - would be my first white phone - I held a AT & T white note 3 demo in my hand and while I love the cover compard to the note 2 , it most decidedly was a very hard baseball like texture......if the black cover really is a softer more real like leather feel I may end up getting my umpteenth black phone sgain.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly how I have my Galaxy Note 2 set up. The phone is white, and I have a black leather crocodile back cover.

It looks really nice, and people ask me about it all the time.

I don't think the leather is real since I only paid $24.99 for it, but it's soft and looks really nice on the phone. I don't use a case (adds too much bulk for my liking).

Could you share where you purchased this please?

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I will be getting black but I hope someone offers other color backs. Would like to see a green one or red. I do not use cases either so, I want a replacement color back.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is interested in putting a different leather case on your Note 3 I am all but positive there will be many available.

If you go to Ebay and paste this item number (200958331344) into the search field you'll find what I have on my current Note 2. The one displayed on the site is white, but I purchased the black one since I liked the contrast and look of the white front and black back cover.

Maybe this way is easier?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...6_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D200958331344%26_rdc%3D1

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I would think that all the Plastic covers are created using the same injection mold process; where the platic is all the same material, just different colors for different batches. The feel is going to be the same for all the covers, but some people may have a different subjective reaction because they "feel" like it should be different.

And Yes, when Samsung first announced the Galaxy Note 3, the demoed several different backs and covers that could replace the default back.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Not all plastics and colors are created the same way. Black plastic does not need to be anywhere near as "pure" as white plastic. I am not a plastic engineer, but I work with colors all the time, and to get a real solid white is not nearly as easy as it is to get a black black.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
If anyone is interested in putting a different leather case on your Note 3 I am all but positive there will be many available.

If you go to Ebay and paste this item number (200958331344) into the search field you'll find what I have on my current Note 2. The one displayed on the site is white, but I purchased the black one since I liked the contrast and look of the white front and black back cover.

Maybe this way is easier?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...6_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D200958331344%26_rdc%3D1

I have the same cover on my note 2 except black and mine is the leather grain. Way better than the stock plastic back.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have now played with a white AT & T demo and a black T Mobile demo - NO DIFFERENCE - in the textural feel of the plastic - both are equally hard - the black is not "squishy" as some threads have reported - the white and black both IMHO both have the feel and hardness of a baseball but not as smooth - there is a definite grip to them. The fabricated stitching looks a bit better on the white and is more muted on the black.

I am divided between a white or black phone but am now 9 for a nano-second) leaning towards white as the front of the phone surface between the edge of the screen and the bezel edge of the phone has the most stylish small grid pattern which is not noticable in all the pictures I have seen. This is not on the black unit. I am on Verizon....so.....&^%$*(&#! more days until I have my new Note # !!

UsherDude125

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man you really helpd me out on which color to buy i also held both of them and they are the same but all the reviews say that the Black one feels better then the White one i'm getting the white one thanks man you helped me ;)

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have to disagree with those that say there is no differance I own Both a white and black N3 and there is a noticeable differance in the tactile feel of the battery cover. The black is much " grippier".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt