How many will pass on the Note 3?

awesomedeals88

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
How many people are going to skip the Galaxy Note 3 and wait for another phablet or Nexus 5, because of 2 major cons?

Con 1: External Speaker not loud.

Con 2: Low light photos are horrible.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not me. I have headphones, speakers and a real camera if I really need it. :D

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. Purchased the LG HBS-730 headset in anticipation of not wanting to hold that massive phone to my dainty little head. Wish I would have tried this particular design sooner. Best blue tooth I've ever used.

Posted via Android Central App

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
How many people are going to skip the Galaxy Note 3 and wait for another phablet or Nexus 5, because of 2 major cons?

Why get a N5 when the HTC One will most likely perform better on points 1 and 2?

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Not for either of those reasons but I plan on skipping the Note 3 because of Samsung's stance on region locking, which heavily affects me as a business traveller.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Not for either of those reasons but I plan on skipping the Note 3 because of Samsung's stance on region locking, which heavily affects me as a business traveller.

Didn't I read that that is not a big problem. All you have to do is start it with your home sim to unlock it. Then you can buy sim cards overseas to use in other countries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
how many people actually spend alot of time listening to music etc with the external speaker? if i want to listen to music then i'm going to use headphones or an external "real" speaker. and frankly there are few camera's that do well in low light, i don't expect my cell phone camera to be as good as my nikon dslr.

the note 3 is not really region locked.....read the follow up article... Here's what's going on with the Galaxy Note 3's region-locking | Android Central

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Didn't I read that that is not a big problem. All you have to do is start it with your home sim to unlock it. Then you can buy sim cards overseas to use in other countries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

You're correct that there are a lot of sites purporting to tow the Samsung party line regarding how to lift the region lock but as I have actual first hand experience of this, I know I shall believe my own experience rather than what is written on a review site. The alleged method just did not work.

There are hundreds of other users also saying that this does not work on many different forums, notably XDA which has a thread dedicated to this exact issue which runs to over 85 pages, full of people disproving this alleged method.

SIM restrictions on unlocked European Note3 - xda-developers

Some regions in the world are blocked and (for example) if I bring a UK Note 3 that was bought and activated correctly here in London, to a region that appears on the CSC block list on the phone (say Hong Kong), I cannot use a local HK sim in it unless and until you get the device unlocked by a Samsung Service Centre and paying an 'unlock fee.'. By the way, this was garnered from a telephone conversation I had with Samsung UK yesterday who promptly told me about my local Samsung Service Centre which is over an hour away (and upon calling them, they had no idea what a region lock was or how to lift it).

So this whole thing is a bit of a fiasco.

Also here - http://www.androidauthority.com/gal...4-4-update-lock-older-galaxy-handsets-279416/
And here - http://www.talkandroid.com/177771-g...er-phones-could-be-an-issue-with-android-4-4/
And here - http://androidfannetwork.com/2013/10/02/the-lies-of-samsunggalaxy-note-3-is-infact-region-locked/

I'm not going to post any more links. You can find tons more just on the first page of a Google search. It's more of a problem than people are being led to believe.

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have an active Chinese SIM that works in the US on unlocked phones. I currently have it on ATT iphone 4S. Before unlocking the 4S it would not work. I'll try installing it in my GN3 after I unlock it. I paid full pop for it so I think AT&T will unlock the GN3.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
how many people actually spend alot of time listening to music etc with the external speaker? if i want to listen to music then i'm going to use headphones or an external "real" speaker. and frankly there are few camera's that do well in low light, i don't expect my cell phone camera to be as good as my nikon dslr.

the note 3 is not really region locked.....read the follow up article... Here's what's going on with the Galaxy Note 3's region-locking | Android Central

21stNow raises hand. It's the main way that I listen to music on my phone. The other way is in the car via aux-in. That said, the external speaker quality doesn't bother me. The best external speakers that I have heard on a phone is the HTC One, and there were too many other things that I didn't like about that phone for me to buy it because of great speakers. All of these phones are good, and all will involve trade-offs for most people.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

When I shower.. my speaker music is going.. when I cut my hair and shave .. speaker phone music is going....it's not a deal breaker but it's important

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad you posted this.... I had my note 3 on pre order...I watched video after video on all the amazing new tricks that my note 2 couldn't do... Then I asked myself... Do I really need to do that? Also touchwiz... Cmon Samsung!!! I had Gs3 .mom has Gs4 I have a note 2 and I went in to AT&T to see the note 3 I was not blown away at all...I will say stat for stat it may be the best phone out ...but I'm learning it's all about user experience for me and I can't take touchwiz anymore...and look I used nova launcher, that's not a fix to me.... It's a band aid when you need stitches...So I purchased a HTC one so after 3 phones back to back Samsung...I'm putting them on pause... Until s real overhaul is done to touchwiz...it needs to be cleaned up much like HTC did with sense ...sense is well put together... It lacks Samsung features but I can tell HTC real put as much thought into making a cohesive UI as possible... It all flows much like the experience in stock android(not a fan of) and ios..

I considered G2 but much like Samsung it's kinda to loud.. but imo it's cleaner then touchwiz...but I have about 10days left to return so there are somethings on the LG G2 that could change my mind....not so much for the note 3

If the 3 is your 1st note...it's perfect! please understand there is nothing wrong with the phone, I am speaking as a long time non worshiping of any OEM Samsung user ...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah those two aren't deal breakers for me either. I have my blue tooth logitech speaker and my Nikon dslr for low light stuff.
All phones are not problem free.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Purchased the LG HBS-730 headset in anticipation of not wanting to hold that massive phone to my dainty little head. Wish I would have tried this particular design sooner. Best blue tooth I've ever used.

Is the sound really clear with that bt, my husband has a hard time hearing ppl with his phone so I'm trying to find a good headset for him.

Lekoq Grande

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
whatever happened to using actual cameras...music is important to me as well and if its not that loud then i'll run it through my stereo system and for the camera part (i have a camera for that) so yea Note 3 first thing in the morning i'm there.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I have the same headset, absolutely the best I've had. I'm with you, wish I had tried this form factor long ago.

I've had 4 people get one after seeing me using mine all the time and everyone of them use it everyday and say they love it.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy