S-PEN on Note III...Yiccch!

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you think the tip on the note 2 was slick you should try the note 1 pen. It is basically a hard piece of plastic and has absolutely zero resistance on the screen. I am loving the pen on the Note 3. So much better then the OG Note.

Posted via Android Central App

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want to use your fingernails on the phone?

I stopped worrying about upgrading to new cell phones when the screens stopped being sensitive to nails. It's much more accurate, think of them as an S-pen without a button, one at the end of each finger.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To keep fingerprints off the screen.

Mine aren't very long at all, and they're my natural nails, no acrylic or wraps.

Mine are natural but long. I can get a response with a few that are rather short, seems the tip of the actual finger has to be pretty close. It works better if my fingers are at a slant rather than hitting it straight on. Thanks for letting me know it works. When it didn't work with my index fingernail, I didn't try any others and figured the reviewer was wrong.

edwardtan83

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a note 3 today, but i can't seem to get the s pen to work properly. I'm trying to do some shading but i can't get any lighter shades to register. light touches don't show up and i have to press hard enough to either get dark or really dark lines. Do i have a defective s pen or is there a way to calibrate this?

Andrew G1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
No troll. The tip feels rubbery and has some drag. It's especially noticeable to users coming from a Note 2.

Have a Note 3, and it came with two kinds of nibs, one with a little resistance and one that glides very easily with almost no friction (like hard plastic on glass). You didn't get a choice of two kinds of nibs? Mine even came with a little tool to help pull the nibs out.

I also use the S-Pen with Eraser, which also comes with two different kinds of nibs. That one's harder to calibrate, though - I had to actually trim the nib (from the end that goes in the pen) to get it close to the accuracy of the stock pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781