S-PEN on Note III...Yiccch!

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got my AT&T Note III.

Don't like the S-Pen compared to the one that came with the Note II.

It feels cheap. Secondly, it doesn't glide across the screen as well as the Note II S-Pen.

In fact, you really have to swipe the phone quite a few times for it to register.

Anyone feel the same way?

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have problems pulling the damn thing out. And it's as if the phone is laggy trying to pick it up.

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

It feels cheap. Secondly, it doesn't glide across the screen as well as the Note II S-Pen.

In fact, you really have to swipe the phone quite a few times for it to register.

Are you noticing touch issues in general, or only issues with S Pen sensitivity?

I have preferred using the S Pen with Eraser to all of the pens that came with the Note devices, but I do agree that the S Pen with the Note 3 seemed to be worse than the one with the Note II.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've notice that too!
The new S pen has a rubber tip so it makes it less smooth while sliding it across the screen..... it has a more feed back when writing/drawing.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Possible to do a video of what your experiencing ?

It may be the sensitivity. I'm using Swype and sometimes it misses the first letter of the word I'm spelling. I also have to press twice sometimes to select a singular thing.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

There's a setting to increase sensitivity but you really shouldn't need it. I'm not having an issue, it's writing like a dream with even a light touch, and there's no lag.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys.

I will look into increasing the sensitivity. I'll see if I can find the setting.

Definitely a different feel.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if it feels like the S pen that came with the Note 10.1 (I have the WiFi only, 32GB, 2013). I love that pen - it does have a more rubbery tip and to me feels more "real". The little bit of resistance feels like maybe a marker making contact with real paper.

But a few months ago I ordered the S Pen Holder Kit, assuming it would have the same tip as what came with my 10.1, holding a spare S Pen. Instead, the S Pen that comes with it is much smaller, and I came to learn that it is the S Pen for the Note II. I can't stand it. It's "silkier" and feels like it slides too quickly across the screen. I like the "rubbery" feel much better, it feels much more natural.

For those that do not like the Note 3 pen's tip, I wonder if you can buy replacement nibs for the Note II and interchange them. LOL, if you can buy them for the Note 3's pen, maybe I can switch out the one in my kit so I like it on my 10.1!

I was also concerned that because I didn't like the Note II's pen that I may not like writing on the Note 3 the same as I do on my Note 10.1. For me this might be a good thing.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys.

I will look into increasing the sensitivity. I'll see if I can find the setting.

Definitely a different feel.
The setting is under Controls/ Increase touch sensitivity. This is the setting one reviewer said that would allow fingernails to be used..... it doesn't. However, it does mean that if your fingers even come close to the edge of the screen, it registers as a tap. I turned it off once I realized what was causing the haphazard selections. Might be nice come wintertime though when I'm wearing gloves.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if it feels like the S pen that came with the Note 10.1 (I have the WiFi only, 32GB, 2013). I love that pen - it does have a more rubbery tip and to me feels more "real". The little bit of resistance feels like maybe a marker making contact with real paper.

But a few months ago I ordered the S Pen Holder Kit, assuming it would have the same tip as what came with my 10.1, holding a spare S Pen. Instead, the S Pen that comes with it is much smaller, and I came to learn that it is the S Pen for the Note II. I can't stand it. It's "silkier" and feels like it slides too quickly across the screen. I like the "rubbery" feel much better, it feels much more natural.

For those that do not like the Note 3 pen's tip, I wonder if you can buy replacement nibs for the Note II and interchange them. LOL, if you can buy them for the Note 3's pen, maybe I can switch out the one in my kit so I like it on my 10.1!

I was also concerned that because I didn't like the Note II's pen that I may not like writing on the Note 3 the same as I do on my Note 10.1. For me this might be a good thing.

I looked into buying nibs for the 10.1 recently. To get three nibs was 2/3 the cost of a new S-pen that would come complete with more nibs. (plus it doesn't hurt to have a spare pen) The gray ones are the ones that have more resistance. The nibs that came with the N3 look much thinner and I don't think any of them look like they might give that rubbery bit of drag.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The setting is under Controls/ Increase touch sensitivity. This is the setting one reviewer said that would allow fingernails to be used..... it doesn't.

I don't know what you're talking about. I have mine turned up and it responds to my fingernails just fine...

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Are you TROLLING? I just tried my S-pen... it glides across the screen very smoothly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt