turn off my magazine?

Tesa Getae

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Magazine

This is a highly annoying feature that comes preinstalled with Note 3, and if you make the mistake to activate it the only solution left is to do a factory reset. Best thing is to root your device and erase that crap for good. Good luck.

Last edited:

David Racine

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Really? Could you lay out the steps to do that. I looked for the my magazine app under app manager to turn it off but it doesn't show up under app manager.

Last edited:

andyr3ad

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
U can't shut it off all you can do is go to settings: application manager: all then scroll down to my magazine clear cache and force stop this will just put it back to when u got your phone ie terms and condition page so it no longer has any of your details/accounts linked to it

Posted via Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Really? Could you lay out the steps to do that. I looked for the my magazine app under app manager to turn it off but it doesn't show up under app manager.

Try checking in Application Manager/All category. It's there, at least on Verizon phones.

BrownBeautii

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
ok, so i was wondering if anyone else was having this issue...My Magazine keeps freezing my phone...i keep getting the error message that it not working properly...i think i will just reset the phone and see if this resolves the issue...are u still having this issue or have you figured out something i couldnt...?

SANGMAN LEE

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen!! I MANAGED TO DISABLE THE FREAKING IRRITATING MY MAGAZINE APP WITHOUT ROOT!! 😎 I went to application manager to remove all the cache and data of the app and then I forced to stop the process. After that I went to menu (where all apps are ) and when I pressed the filding menu to uninstall apps 'my magazine' the 'x' appeared on the icon so I could finally disable it!!!!!! I'm so released!!!! It appears on the disabled app list!!!!!!!!
If you don't believe me check the screenshot I've just posted on twitter @sangmanlee !!!

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen!! I MANAGED TO DISABLE THE FREAKING IRRITATING MY MAGAZINE APP WITHOUT ROOT!! �� I went to application manager to remove all the cache and data of the app and then I forced to stop the process. After that I went to menu (where all apps are ) and when I pressed the filding menu to uninstall apps 'my magazine' the 'x' appeared on the icon so I could finally disable it!!!!!! I'm so released!!!! It appears on the disabled app list!!!!!!!!
If you don't believe me check the screenshot I've just posted on twitter @sangmanlee !!!

Thanks for the update

However, I got lost midway in your instructions. I have bolded the part that makes no sense to me.

Thanks

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone else figure out what Sangman was conveying?

Ladies and gentlemen!! I MANAGED TO DISABLE THE FREAKING IRRITATING MY MAGAZINE APP WITHOUT ROOT!! �� I went to application manager to remove all the cache and data of the app and then I forced to stop the process. After that I went to menu (where all apps are ) and when I pressed the filding menu to uninstall apps 'my magazine' the 'x' appeared on the icon so I could finally disable it!!!!!! I'm so released!!!! It appears on the disabled app list!!!!!!!!

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The My Magazine App pisses me off. I just ignore it, but preinstalling something so intrusive and pervasive without giving an option to disable it is really awful. I sent the Samsung customer service contact an email via their comments page, and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reading your e-mail, we understand that you would like to disable or remove My Magazine application on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device.

We appreciate your interest in Samsung products and we will provide you with the required information.

We would like to inform you that My Magazine is a pre-installed application on the device and can not be removed from the phone. We can access My Magazine application on the device in two ways.

(a). Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
(b). From the Home screen, press the Home key once.

You can disable the home key short cut to My Magazine application by following the steps given below.

Open My Magazine application >> Go to Settings >> un-check the option 'Open using the home key'.

You can also disable the My Magazine application by disabling it from Application Manager. To disable the application, please go to Applications >> Settings >> General >> Application Manager >> All >> Scroll down and touch My Magazine application to get the option to turn off the application.

For your convenience, we will provide you with the web link to know how to use My Magazine application.

Link : What is My Magazine? How do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3? : AT&T Cell Phones | Samsung

We would like to inform you that Samsung does not support rooting of devices. Rooting of device void the warranty of devices.

If you are looking for more details on the functionality of a product or would like to find answers to some of the questions, visit us at

Link: Samsung Interactive Lab

For an interactive review of some of our Samsung products please access the web link below.

Link :Samsung Interactive Lab

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone, you can also reach out to our chat support team by accessing the following link. Live Chat is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

Link: Samsung

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Valarie
Technical Support

Unfortunately, when I look at My Magazine in Application Manager, the "Turn Off" button is greyed out and c annot be accessed.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
In the settings of my magazine there is an option to disable the app from opening when the home button is pressed. I forced stopped it once after disabling it opening and it has never been in my running processes again.

Big Red Note 3

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
In the settings of my magazine there is an option to disable the app from opening when the home button is pressed. I forced stopped it once after disabling it opening and it has never been in my running processes again.

Big Red Note 3

Even if you swipe up over the home button (whether accidentally or intentionally)???

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I've done just about everything that's been suggested here and I still find that the stupid magazine pops up when I swipe! Errr. I really hate that! :(

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk