My first Android and...

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Also since I use an iPhone as my work phone, and Considering most people I know have IPhones. I'm sure you would be pleased to know that in the stock keyboard there's emojis. Now fully compatible with iPhone. So you can still emoji your friends, if that's your thing 👍👍👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

Only when texting the kids.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh man... I didn't realize that this option wasn't on the Android... However, i'm really enjoying the phone so far.

I'm having kind of annoying integration issues. I have an Apple TV, Philips Hue, Macbook Pro, and iPad. I'm not having much luck getting text messages to work as they are all going to my iPad, mac, and even iPhone 5. I turned iMessage off on all of those, and i'm hoping that will solve the issues.

Without getting text messages properly, it defeats the purpose of a smartphone since most people use it for text. Crossing fingers that turning off iMessages on everything works.

Yes the Imessage being on will stop you from receiving texts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes the Imessage being on will stop you from receiving texts

This must be an issue because I'm not getting my texts either. They are all being sent to my iphone/I pad too. Let me rephrase that, anyone sending me a text from an apple device. All others are coming through on note.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This must be an issue because I'm not getting my texts either. They are all being sent to my iphone/I pad too. Let me rephrase that, anyone sending me a text from an apple device. All others are coming through on note.

Yeah just turn off the Imessage and it should fix it

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Notify Me is a good app for pop up alerts. You can set it to pop up a window for basically whatever you want; emails, facebook, twitter, texts, etc etc.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I just tried. I'm assuming i should wait a bit before asking an iPhone user to text me again? Also, if this doesn't work--Do you think i should just get a new phone number? I'm not really committed to this phone number. Would that likely solve it?
Did you goto the apple support profiles and try disabling your iPhone account on it?

https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth...URL=https://supportprofile.apple.com/homePage

Click on edit products

Click on the X next to the Iphone I believe

Then click unregister

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I just tried. I'm assuming i should wait a bit before asking an iPhone user to text me again? Also, if this doesn't work--Do you think i should just get a new phone number? I'm not really committed to this phone number. Would that likely solve it?

You shouldn't have to wait long if at all, I wouldn't get a new number it would be more of a pain then searching for a fix. We can get this figured out. I went through the same thing as you.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Still didn't work. I have a mac and iPad mini also. Does that have an effect? Thanks very much for your help TeamPowerstroke!
You shouldn't have to wait long if at all, I wouldn't get a new number it would be more of a pain then searching for a fix. We can get this figured out. I went through the same thing as you.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You'll need to go into your iMessage settings on all of your apple devices and disassociate your phone number from your account.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I disabled on all my apple devices. I noticed that my phone number is greyed out in iPhone 5 messages settings (so i can disable iMessages, but i can't remove the phone number).
You'll need to go into your iMessage settings on all of your apple devices and disassociate your phone number from your account.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I know with text you can get a notification on lock screen. Goto your texts open settings, scroll down to preview message and click that.

For text personally i would not use the built in SMS program. There is a free program on Google Play called Chomp SMS. It will pop up text messages over the lock screen (and allow you to answer without unlocking). Handcent is another. Just remember to disable notifications in the default app or you will get 2 notifications.