My first Android and...

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I hear that this app called nils locker or something will help with the lockscreen notifications. You might need to get this other app tho.

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to get a new number. You just need to reactivate the iPhone and then you will be able to uncheck your number and sign out of iMessage. Also make sure that when you do activate the phone, that you have iMessage turned off/signed out of, any other device you have iMessage on (iPad, iPod, iMac, etc). Once you turn it off and sign out from your phone, turn the phone off and reactivate the Note. That will take care of your problem.

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
no luck with my iMessage stealing all my text issues. I think i will just get a new number..

You don't need to get a new number. You just need to reactivate the iPhone and then you will be able to uncheck your number and sign out of iMessage. Also make sure that when you do activate the phone, that you have iMessage turned off/signed out of, any other device you have iMessage on (iPad, iPod, iMac, etc). Once you turn it off and sign out from your phone, turn the phone off and reactivate the Note. That will take care of your problem.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do I reactivate iphone? Do you mean to put a sim card in there? When I enable imessage on there my phone number is grayed and I can't uncheck number

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Yes this is how you do it--been through it a few times. It has to communicate with the apple servers and then you can uncheck your mobile and then just deactivate imessage.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Man that's annoying! So i have to call AT&T tomorrow and have them reactivate my iPhone, so i can uncheck my phone number iMessage so that i can reactivate my note again to get texts. Kind of wish AT&T folks made this a part of the process when users migrate over.
Yes this is how you do it--been through it a few times. It has to communicate with the apple servers and then you can uncheck your mobile and then just deactivate imessage.

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
no. you definitely should! This phone is really great. Atleast you get to learn from my ignorance. Before you activate your Note 3, make sure you unselect your phone number in iMessages on you iPhone.

It won't allow me to uncheck my own number, even though I haven't yet switched anything. Plus I guess I need to do this on every apple device I own. my imessages go to 2 ipads, an ipad mini and a macbook pro.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
no. you definitely should! This phone is really great. Atleast you get to learn from my ignorance. Before you activate your Note 3, make sure you unselect your phone number in iMessages on you iPhone.

I have an iPhone right now and plan on switching on Saturday.. You can't uncheck the phone number on your phone for iMessage.... I can on my Mac and my iPad but not my iPhone.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. its a good point. I was actually thinking of just not using iMessages on any of my other devices anymore. One reason why i decided this was i felt that iMessages was never that great at syncing between apple devices. I am actually at peace with just getting all my messages on my galaxy note 3 moving forward. I plan to keep my iPad mini, macbook pro, and apple TV. That's my plan.
It won't allow me to uncheck my own number, even though I haven't yet switched anything. Plus I guess I need to do this on every apple device I own. my imessages go to 2 ipads, an ipad mini and a macbook pro.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I love love love it!! OMG love the s-pen. Now considering getting the Note tablet!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Wow. What a way to start with Android! I have the Note 2 (hankering for a 3, maybe today) and and Note 10.1, and I love the combination.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
So if you can't unselected on my iphone, why do I need to reactivate my iphone?
After reading some more on this, The person you are having text you with an iphone, Have them delete the old messages on their phone with your phone #. Sometimes it still thinks you have imessage till they delete your messages they have saved. Also have all of your iMessages turned off, Which i think you already did. And have the deactivate thing done on apple website, Which i think you also did.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again for your reply TeamStroke. I feel like to have my friends, co-workers, boss, family delete messages is too much of a burden on them. I feel like the effort to change my phone number is my next step. i called AT&T on this and didn't get much support either. I've unregistered all my devices on apple's support page, disabled all my iMessages on all my account, unchecked my phone number on all devices (with the exception of the iPhone since its greyed out). Still open to any other ideas..

as a side question, anybody has suggestion on how they migrated their contacts over from iPhone to the note? thanks everybody!
After reading some more on this, The person you are having text you with an iphone, Have them delete the old messages on their phone with your phone #. Sometimes it still thinks you have imessage till they delete your messages they have saved. Also have all of your iMessages turned off, Which i think you already did. And have the deactivate thing done on apple website, Which i think you also did.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again for your reply TeamStroke. I feel like to have my friends, co-workers, boss, family delete messages is too much of a burden on them. I feel like the effort to change my phone number is my next step. i called AT&T on this and didn't get much support either. I've unregistered all my devices on apple's support page, disabled all my iMessages on all my account, unchecked my phone number on all devices (with the exception of the iPhone since its greyed out). Still open to any other ideas..

as a side question, anybody has suggestion on how they migrated their contacts over from iPhone to the note? thanks everybody!
Found this link with a few more idea's to try lol. One of these got to work! How do I turn off iMessage on my old iPhone before I switch to my new Samsung device? : Verizon Tabs | Samsung

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe just to turn it off completely? I have gone through all these steps in anticipation of switching tomorrow.

All you gotta do is uncheck your number from other devices and turn off Imessage on your iphone. I go through this with my GF all the time. Because I often go back and forth between the two devices. Once apples servers get the signal of you turning off Imessage the texts will start coming. Also having your idevice not connected to wifi will help too once you do make the switch. You shouldn't back down from switching just because of the issue lol its not the notes fault your line is still attached to apple.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
All you gotta do is uncheck your number from other devices and turn off Imessage on your iphone. I go through this with my GF all the time. Because I often go back and forth between the two devices. Once apples servers get the signal of you turning off Imessage the texts will start coming. Also having your idevice not connected to wifi will help too once you do make the switch. You shouldn't back down from switching just because of the issue lol its not the notes fault your line is still attached to apple.

Imessage is also a two way street. It will take a while for the person texting you to recognize that you don't have an iPhone anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781