I've spent hours on this, I can't get the default android email, the little envelope with the red @ sign, to be my gmail account. I can get the gmail app set up fine. Can't get the default email set up AT ALL. I've done three factory resets so far trying different things and nothing has worked. Spent time with AT&T, but they don't have the Note 3 help, tried going off of Note 2 but I don't get an option anywhere that says to use the gmail address as my default. I just spent a half hour with Samsung support and had to keep repeating the issue while person kept telling me to set up gmail app and it would be the default except it isn't. Anyone out there have a solution??????? Right now I have no accounts set up, ready to start fresh.
    10-03-2013 06:39 PM
    1. Open the Mail App
    2. Hit Menu
    3. Select the account you want to be default
    4. There should be a checkbook to make that the default email account.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Help with email set up on new Note puhleeze!-uploadfromtaptalk1380847310084.jpg   Help with email set up on new Note puhleeze!-uploadfromtaptalk1380847332819.jpg   Help with email set up on new Note puhleeze!-uploadfromtaptalk1380847365716.jpg  
    fantom305 and J HighNote like this.
    10-03-2013 07:44 PM
    I've spent hours on this, I can't get the default android email, the little envelope with the red @ sign, to be my gmail account. I can get the gmail app set up fine. Can't get the default email set up AT ALL. I've done three factory resets so far trying different things and nothing has worked. Spent time with AT&T, but they don't have the Note 3 help, tried going off of Note 2 but I don't get an option anywhere that says to use the gmail address as my default. I just spent a half hour with Samsung support and had to keep repeating the issue while person kept telling me to set up gmail app and it would be the default except it isn't. Anyone out there have a solution??????? Right now I have no accounts set up, ready to start fresh.
    I have never used the default android email app, I have always used the Gmail app (works better with gmail). Then just remove the default app off your home screen, add the Gmail app, and never look back.
    J HighNote likes this.
    10-03-2013 08:35 PM
    Thanks guys. I didn't realize I could just disable the email one and then my gmail would be the default. Mamba, thanks for the screens it makes it easy to follow. Really appreciate the help. Now I can just get on with the exploration of all the fun things!
    10-04-2013 06:01 AM
    My problem is that I use the generic email app (imap) to access a work email account, and a personal gmail account for everything else. But the work account is set as the default mail app for the phone and I can't see how to change it.
    01-07-2014 12:35 PM