10-25-2013 02:28 PM
160 123 ...
tools
    I went in to an AT&T store today to try to get some sort of a discount and apparently my $ isn't good enough. LoL I guess I'll wait for my pre order Spigen case and screen protector to come in and then I'll fork over the $ and buy it. But really AT&T, you couldn't even wave me the tax???!!! Geez... the greedy doing what they do best.
    10-04-2013 06:52 PM
    I've never seen a att store wave taxes. They can't control that. Activation fee's yes

Posted via Android Central App
    10-04-2013 06:56 PM
    I went in to an AT&T store today to try to get some sort of a discount and apparently my $ isn't good enough. LoL I guess I'll wait for my pre order Spigen case and screen protector to come in and then I'll fork over the $ and buy it. But really AT&T, you couldn't even wave me the tax???!!! Geez... the greedy doing what they do best.
    I must have missed something, you were expecting a discount simply because you walked in and asked them for one? Wave the tax? The tax is determined by the state and unless a vendor has a sale going on where they explicitly state they will eat the tax, it isn't realistic to expect them to do that.
    Do you have some sort of corporate membership that has a discount attached to it? I don't understand your post.
    21stNow likes this.
    10-04-2013 07:06 PM
    Wow. Did you want free data/messaging/and minutes?

Pretty sure you were looking for this place.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...c/NewHome.html

mmaria452 likes this.
    10-04-2013 07:25 PM
    What? They wanted you to pay money? Aw man.. That sucks.

And waive taxes? I don't think they can or ever will do that lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    kj11 and jayp1306 like this.
    10-04-2013 07:54 PM
    Lol @ Comments... When I went to go get my note 3 I got a 15% Discount (Tmobile) because I have a city job I believe...

Sent From My Lighting Fast Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Note 8.0.
    ska916jedi likes this.
    10-04-2013 07:56 PM
    Seriously? Sorry but who do you think you are? It's not "let's make a deal" here buddy...you went into a store expecting a brand new device at a discounted price just because?
    10-04-2013 07:56 PM
    Wow... ok. 1, we're still in a recession and thought they'd want to make a sale. 2, what ever happen to making the customer happy? It doesn't hurt to ask, but figured since they rip us off on the headphones they'd try to make it right. I was just asking who got it and if they're happy with it. That's what this post was about.
    10-04-2013 11:18 PM
    Wow... ok. 1, we're still in a recession and thought they'd want to make a sale. 2, what ever happen to making the customer happy? It doesn't hurt to ask, but figured since they rip us off on the headphones they'd try to make it right. I was just asking who got it and if they're happy with it. That's what this post was about.
    I have it and like it...and I'm coming from the Note 2.
    The display on it is gorgeous and the features are awesome!! Just go buy it and don't complain about the price....don't be "That GUY!"
    ska916jedi likes this.
    10-04-2013 11:43 PM
    The display on it is gorgeous and the features are awesome!! Just go buy it and don't complain about the price....don't be "That GUY!"
    I didn't get to play with it, but I did notice the nice display screen. I figured since on contract they're $300 and $725 off, there's room to make a deal. I guess it's a sin on here to ask for a discount on a phone, my apologies guys!
    10-05-2013 12:00 AM
    While I don't have it, BestBuy did have the AT&T version on display today. All I gotta say is damn. The one thing I hate about my Note 2 is how cheap it feels. The plastic is just... bad. After picking up the Note 3 today, I've confirmed (for myself) that the $350 I'm dropping on it is totally worth it. The back cover solves my "grip" problem with the Note 2 and also makes it just feel like a solid device.

All the software and features are just sweet. And despite incredibly sloppy handwriting, the action memo worked perfectly as well! If you've got a BestBuy nearby, might as well make the trip if you're like me and am on Verizon. Of course, it might make that few-day wait just a little bit harder.
    ska916jedi likes this.
    10-05-2013 12:12 AM
    I didn't get to play with it, but I did notice the nice display screen. I figured since on contract they're $300 and $725 off, there's room to make a deal. I guess it's a sin on here to ask for a discount on a phone, my apologies guys!
    Making deals is what eBay and Craigslist are for.

:-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-05-2013 09:29 AM
    I thought this thread was about thoughts on the N3?????
    wnflyer likes this.
    10-05-2013 09:33 AM
    I got this phone yesturday and the stock internet has NO flash! Even my S4 has that! So annoying having to look up how to add flash, what browser to use. That shouldnt be happening. Also the size is scary for me, Im used to my S4. Just my thoughts on it so far.
    ETA: After restarting my phone once all the updates downloaded, the internet worked like a charm! I deleted the Adobe flash I had downloaded and the internet still worked. So weird!!😞😯
    10-05-2013 09:38 AM
    Flash needs to die... yesterday.
    Jtshurtleff likes this.
    10-05-2013 09:39 AM
    I got this phone yesturday and the stock internet has NO flash! Even my S4 has that! So annoying having to look up how to add flash, what browser to use. That shouldnt be happening. Also the size is scary for me, Im used to my S4. Just my thoughts on it so far.
    Weird. I remember we all had that issue with the N2. How did you fix it and why wouldn't it come with it? I thought the N3 was going to be the sane as the S4 but with an S Pen and bigger screen.
    10-05-2013 09:53 AM
    Nothing wrong with asking for a discount. I would've done the same. However, taxes are state mandated and are not negotiable. Should've asked them to waive the activation fee.

3VO via Android Central App
    ska916jedi likes this.
    10-05-2013 10:14 AM
    Nothing wrong with asking for a discount. I would've done the same. However, taxes are state mandated and are not negotiable. Should've asked them to waive the activation fee.

3VO via Android Central App
    Thanks. And I forgot about the lame activation fee. I'll ask for that because they did it last time when I complained about the headphones.
    10-05-2013 10:32 AM
    Trying to haggle on a $700 item is commendable in my opinion. Great job not being a sheep, good try!
    ska916jedi and athenatp like this.
    10-05-2013 10:34 AM
    Trying to haggle on a $700 item is commendable in my opinion. Great job not being a sheep, good try!
    If the price difference wasn't so drastic on the contract price and not contract it wouldn't be an issue. LoL Oh, and when I say wave the tax, I meant an 8% discount. That's how you get around it. We do a fireworks booth every year and that's our gimmick to sell more. 8% off, thats no tax!
    10-05-2013 10:47 AM
    Weird. I remember we all had that issue with the N2. How did you fix it and why wouldn't it come with it? I thought the N3 was going to be the sane as the S4 but with an S Pen and bigger screen.

(This probably isnt needed as all I did was restart my phone! No need for any additional downloads. &#128522
    ska916jedi likes this.
    10-05-2013 11:40 AM
    Any other Note 3 owners out there? Would love to hear some more opinions
    ska916jedi likes this.
    10-05-2013 11:42 AM
    I got my Note 3 yesterday from Best Buy and I have to say I'm very impressed. I'm coming from a S4 and the difference in speed on this compared to the Note 2 and S4 is so much better. I haven't seen no lag at all. Very fluid and smooth in my opinion. This screen is better than my S4 also. At first I wasn't to excited about getting the Note 3 because I had the S4. But I must say now that I have it....I'm SOO glad I got now.

ska916jedi and matilde75 like this.
    10-05-2013 11:49 AM
    I have one and love it. Much nicer in hand then the 2. Thinner,, less bezel, much easier to use with one hand without the special one hand features. It is so fast. The Sprint sales rep could not believe how fast it was.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    ska916jedi and rajnet like this.
    10-05-2013 11:58 AM
    Got mine yesterday and haven't been able to put it down... As soon as I lay it down I grab it again and start using it... best phone out now... no complaints here...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    zmann, ska916jedi and rajnet like this.
    10-05-2013 12:13 PM
160 123 ...