Note 3: White or black?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: White or black?

I am a unprofessional chick because I have a white phone ha ha lmao....word.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

When I was at the T-Mobile store on Monday and held both I knew I had to have the black one. Not only is it sleeker, the back cover feels much more premium.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

For those of you that are remarking on how the back of the black feels vs. the white, I infer you'll not be using a case. :(

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I have felt both.....There is absolutely no difference. I am going without a case. I do have a crystal clear case on order to show off this pretty white phone. The buttons that light up on the bottom of the black and white versions seem different. On the black they look dirty and muted when lit and on the white they are clean and bright. Could be the same, but definitely they seem different.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Black looks a little more elegant to me, while white looks too much like an Apple product. I will say this, the white has this cool looking diamond pattern above the screen inside the bezel that makes it look a little exotic. I still went with Black though....

harmony707

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

I went for black last minute after already deciding that I would choose white. I think this phone looks better in black, the screen stands out more where as other phones look better in white.

I am ocd and didn't want to chance what the phone would like in a few months as I am caseless.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk now Free

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I got the Black One, along with the Jet Black Galaxy Gear.. Nobody has to tell me how cool it looks and works, I see it for myself. .. :cool:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I got the Black One, along with the Jet Black Galaxy Gear.. Nobody has to tell me how cool it looks and works, I see it for myself. .. :cool:
That's the pair I had until I returned the Gear. It is nifty. I'm waiting to see if I miss having the Gear. So far, I don't but it teach me how well S Voice works and I'm using that a lot now.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I've always had black phones. As they say, once you have had black you never go back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

My Note 8.0 is is the only white device I'd had and though the home button is starting to show some dirt the device overall has held up remarkably well. I would never choose a white device, over a black one, for fear that it may not look too clean after some time.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I've always had black phones. As they say, once you have had black you never go back.

When it comes done to it, the darker colors are more masculine. I can almost bet if the Note 3 had Pink, out of 100 male users, only about 1 or 2 would pick the pink.. To tell the truth, I don't think too many men are picking the white.. My wife has a white S4, she didn't even look at the black one.. ;)

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Most phone conversations are in technicolour.

Green green, green green,

Yellow?

Black black black black black

Pink

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Went to vzw to take care of a activation on a line and looked at the black and white note 3 side by side again. Surprised that they call it jet black because it is more like brush stroke dark gray. The LG g2 and the moto x actually have a stunning jet black face that looks fabulous. Wish Sammy would have done the same as I would have went that way. The white phone just looked more grown up and refined.

I always get a laugh here in the thread of stereotyping people, professionalism, gender and all that other wacky nonsense from the color of a phone.

You can be anything and pick any color of a phone and remain who you are lol. People take their phones like a fifth limb I get it. I am obsessed as well. Probably need professional help ha ha, but it is only a little few by few inch device. It has absolutely no bearing on your gender, professionalism or what kind of music you listen to or whatever. I guess I don't understand why people get crazy about a black or white phone. Just look at me! Crazy lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Went to vzw to take care of a activation on a line and looked at the black and white note 3 side by side again. Surprised that they call it jet black because it is more like brush stroke dark gray. The LG g2 and the moto x actually have a stunning jet black face that looks fabulous. Wish Sammy would have done the same as I would have went that way. The white phone just looked more grown up and refined.

I always get a laugh here in the thread of stereotyping people, professionalism, gender and all that other wacky nonsense from the color of a phone.

You can be anything and pick any color of a phone and remain who you are lol. People take their phones like a fifth limb I get it. I am obsessed as well. Probably need professional help ha ha, but it is only a little few by few inch device. It has absolutely no bearing on your gender, professionalism or what kind of music you listen to or whatever. I guess I don't understand why people get crazy about a black or white phone. Just look at me! Crazy lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You do realize that here phones aren't just a fifth limb but practically a religion unto themselves. I can't agree that a pink Note 3 for a man is okay but that's just me.

from my '14 Note 10.1

KMEast

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I got the black and I'm waiting on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 edition to come out so I can get the black one too!

Posted via Android Central App