...so does it live up to all the hype?

KyleCentral26

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
After watching tons of reviews im still drawn on a purchase or wait till the HTC ONE MAX. That is if the phone is as great as some say or just an bigger S4 ;)

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
The S-pen makes the Notes so much more than larger Galaxy S's. It is a game changer for anyone who wants "it all" in one device. I am not saying the Note line actually has "it all" but having no S-pen makes every other device feel incomplete to anyone who is used to using one. It is safe to say that you are unfamiliar with a significant part of the Note experience if you think a Galaxy Note 3 could ever be "just a larger S4". My guess is that is why the other poster thought it safe to say that you were unfamiliar with the Note line of phones. It shows. :)

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I personally didn't sense much hype for the Note 3 sadly. I played with one and it's awesome, but I'm not really compelled to upgrade from my Note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I used the moto x for a month and half and just got the note 3. Have been playing with it for the last few hours and all I can say is I love it. I like the moto x but the fact that i wouldn't be needing my tablet tempted me to go for the note 3. The s pen is phenomenal. I never thought I'll be using the S pen this much. Try it out and you will be amazed.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Note 2 to Note 3 and think there is a big difference. For one it just feels better. The Note 2 felt awkward for me to hold. Coming from an Iphone 5 prior to Note 2 the 3 feels more like a large iPhone. Second more screen real-estate to play with. Its not much but notice Apps and widgets situated further up the screen without downloading secondary apps to do so. Third never used the Note 2 S pen. Owning Note 3 less than one day pulled the pen out multiple times saving files to scrapbook and jotting down quick notes. Super easy to also copy and past with Note 3 now.

Screen resolution better on Note 3 than Note 2. Much smoother. Camara is also better IMO. This is just a few to name. Much more

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I used the moto x for a month and half and just got the note 3. Have been playing with it for the last few hours and all I can say is I love it. I like the moto x but the fact that i wouldn't be needing my tablet tempted me to go for the note 3. The s pen is phenomenal. I never thought I'll be using the S pen this much. Try it out and you will be amazed.

The only thing I miss from my moto x as it sits on the dresser is active notifications and moto assist.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I find it hard not to gush when someone asks this type of question. I had the original Note before getting this wonderful Note 3. I also have the Note 10.1. While Samsung answered my prayer and gave us the first large screen phone, many others have jumped on the bandwagon. The reason to get a Note, any Note, is the S-pen and all that in entails. Probably back a page or so in the threads is one with a video of 30 plus tips and tricks, it's well worth watching. If you ever write something down on a scrap of paper and lose it. If you have to search through a jumble to find some information, come back from the store and realize you've forgotten something you've meant to pick up for over a week. You'll love the Note once you get disciplined to pull out the S-pen and write everything down. Once you realize that you never lose anything, never forget anything, it becomes second nature. I'm used to web surfing and writing notes on it, even copying part and pasting on an S-note. The new scrap booking feature makes it a breeze. So, if you surf the web & want to keep information from it, ever write anything down, the Note is a great choice for you.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i went to an att store to finally try it out. and i opened up the 2 multi windows app. youtube on top playing a video, and a text app on the bottom. and then i opened 7 additional small windows to see if it will slow down, and it only slowed down after the 5 small windows, but i was pushing the limit with 3 youtube apps opened at the same time, 2 calculators, email, 2 clocks, messaging app, and a web browser opened.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I miss from my moto x as it sits on the dresser is active notifications and moto assist.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I had the DROID Maxx for a while and miss the trusted bluetooth feature, great idea.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Because if you've used it you would know the s-pen is what it's mostly about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
It's what it's mostly about for YOU. I had a Note 2 and rarely ever pulled out the pen. I just liked the much larger screen. People like devices for different reasons. Not for YOUR reasons.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is an awesome phone. It's so much more than a large S4. Honestly, I can't see myself with any other phone, mainly because of the S-pen. It's really nice to slide out the pen and jot a quick note to remind me to do something or to jot a quick to-do list/shopping list.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3 on the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463