Any Galaxy Gear owner worried about scratching the screen?

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have thought about this. It can and most likely will happen to owners. Might want to look up Ghost Armor. They make protectors that honestly cannot be seen when on. Best screen protector IMO

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has stated you should NOT put a screen protector on the Galaxy Gear at all, it will inhibit the sensors and that wouldn't be good. Plus it does have a saphire crystal which are pretty darn strong and are very scratch resistant. All of my watches use that material and so far I have yet to damage any of them.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not use to wearing a watch... haven't had one since I bought a Swatch in 1989.... maybe 1990, so I can tell you... I've bumped the face against a lot of things today. The first time I almost pooped myself. By the 5th time... and against my counter tops in my kitchen... I realized I'm going to have to scratch it with a diamond to see anything.

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not use to wearing a watch... haven't had one since I bought a Swatch in 1989.... maybe 1990, so I can tell you... I've bumped the face against a lot of things today. The first time I almost pooped myself. By the 5th time... and against my counter tops in my kitchen... I realized I'm going to have to scratch it with a diamond to see anything.

The sapphire glass screen can take a lot.

As a long time watch wearer, just be aware of your "bubble". You'll eventually get used to it and take precautionary measures to protect your watch out of habit.

Posted via Android Central App

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
The sapphire glass screen can take a lot.

As a long time watch wearer, just be aware of your "bubble". You'll eventually get used to it and take precautionary measures to protect your watch out of habit.

Im almost positive the Gear does not have a sapphire crystal, the owners manual states that it is made of glass or acrylic in fact.

Gadgetlover0408

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I am getting a screen protector... Its a 300 watch, after price matching Sams Club for 288.00 at Bestbuy the watch will be more than my phone. Samsung said you shouldn't you a screen protector on Note 2. I used once since day 1 and never had an issue with the screen or when using the Spen

Sent from my Amazing Note 3

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Im almost positive the Gear does not have a sapphire crystal, the owners manual states that it is made of glass or acrylic in fact.

Most initial reviews I read specifically mention the resilient sapphire glass display.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Most initial reviews I read specifically mention the resilient sapphire glass display.

I haven't read any actual reviews that say it has a sapphire crystal covering the screen, I read a number of pre-release articles that say it did, but those same articles also said it was water proof etc. As I said the manual that comes with the Gear specifically says the screen is Glass/Acrylic and to avoid dropping it because of damage. Additionally, I see no mention of it on Samsung's website when viewing the Gear's specs. Don't get me wrong, I would love for someone to confirm it indeed does have it as I would worry less.

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't read any actual reviews that say it has a sapphire crystal covering the screen, I read a number of pre-release articles that say it did, but those same articles also said it was water proof etc. As I said the manual that comes with the Gear specifically says the screen is Glass/Acrylic and to avoid dropping it because of damage. Additionally, I see no mention of it on Samsung's website when viewing the Gear's specs. Don't get me wrong, I would love for someone to confirm it indeed does have it as I would worry less.

Fair enough. I just did a quick search for "galaxy gear sapphire" and saw it mentioned in reviews. Looks like that changed or they were wrong.

I may invest in a screen protector then. I opted for the 2 year protection from Best Buy as well. Couldn't pass that up for $40.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
my question is, is the screen scratch resistant or not???

Like a guy falling off a 20 story building. At each floor he passed, somebody asked him "how you doing".. the falling guy replied "so far, good"

I got three screen protectors for my month old Gear.. I haven't bothered to put any of them on yet..Plus, I have had bumps, scrapes and knocks to the watch.. So far, good.. :D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried several protectors and all of them get dust under them in a few days. I am choosing to go without now.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I'd consider is a privacy screen, but there aren't any out there so far. Other than that, it's taken a few bumps and scrapes. So far no damage. Besides, I paid 40 for the BB protection plan so I'm a little more casual with the watch now

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been without a screen protector for a while now. I work in a harsh environment and have bumped watch several times and still no scratches.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay