Any one else feel as a music player the Note 3 is horrible?

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The sound quality when connecting to an audio system is actually ridiculously horrible when playing music from device. Other wise phone is great. Terrible for personal audio though.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 3

Last edited by a moderator:

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any one else feel as a music player the note 3 is horrible?

It has more to do with the device. For some reason the music goes in and out when using Google play but only when connected to a head. Set or auxiliary cable. This is annoying. Anyone? Advice please.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

It has more to do with the device. For some reason the music goes in and out when using Google play but only when connected to a head. Set or auxiliary cable. This is annoying. Anyone? Advice please.

Get a Chromecast and connect it to a HDMI port on your stereo receiver (assuming you have one). Its fantastic!!!!

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Get a Chromecast and connect it to a HDMI port on your stereo receiver (assuming you have one). Its fantastic!!!!

Yes I'm sure it is but that's a work around. I use whatever phone I have as my music player to not just at home.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I thought I saw a review video that showed a fairly detailed configuration process for the audio. Something like guided eq settings?

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I thought I saw a review video that showed a fairly detailed configuration process for the audio. Something like guided eq settings?

It has nothing to do with that. The phone keeps automatically lowering it's volume and not playing unless I unplug and plug back in to device. Something is up.

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I have just listened to a podcast for the last hour while driving. Played the sound through my car stereo and sounded fine. Only stopped to play a notification sound.

Didn't notice any difference from my S2.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

I've played mine through headphones for awhile today and it sounds great. No issues with starting/stopping music or audio changing volume.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

The sound quality when connecting to an audio system is actually ridiculously horrible when playing music from device. Other wise phone is great. Terrible for personal audio though.

Oh, I thought you were referring to to sound quality.

Sounds to me like your device has an issue.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I thought you were referring to to sound quality.

Sounds to me like your device has an issue.

Yes I just might. I'll keep testing. Basically I have my phone on its back with the screen shut off. Every two or three songs the volume is lowered but the device volume still says it's high. It seems like something that can be adjusted some how. Its very annoying. I'm using Google play app through auxiliary.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Interesting, I am not having the issue via the 3.5mm jack or the built in speakers, but having the same issue using the phones USB to 3.5mm. Plays fine then gets muted, then fine, then muted, again and again. I was listening to a podcast and thought the speaker might be turning away from the mic, but then I played it from the 3.5 into the aux in on the car and no issues. The USB to 3.5mm was for my Note 2 so the pin outs might be different, waiting for one to be made specific to the Note 3

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Interesting, I am not having the issue via the 3.5mm jack or the built in speakers, but having the same issue using the phones USB to 3.5mm. Plays fine then gets muted, then fine, then muted, again and again. I was listening to a podcast and thought the speaker might be turning away from the mic, but then I played it from the 3.5 into the aux in on the car and no issues. The USB to 3.5mm was for my Note 2 so the pin outs might be different, waiting for one to be made specific to the Note 3

I have absolutely no problem using bluetooth only the auxiliary. When I get my headphones I'll check those. Who knows maybe it was the cable.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Well I did a restart and tested headphones and there was no problem. Now there is a slim chance it was the cable but it's doubtful considering it was very precise the way it was failing which was pretty much every two songs. I guess I'll have to see.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

OK after further testing it seems the phone works fine with headphones and bluetooth but has a problem with auxiliary cables and it only does it every 3 songs on the thirds song. This just seems very odd. I've never experienced anything like it. Any help would be appreciated.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

This doesn't seem like a hardware issue but I might have no other choice but to exchange it. It just seems like it must be a software related feature. It's too precise being every third song. Also considering I'm using different cables then originally so I know Its not the cables. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

What devise is on the other end? Have you plugged into a different device?

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes I tried it in a receiver and another speaker setup. Both same issue with different auxiliary cables. This is very odd behavior. I'm just going to exchange. Let Samsung figure it out when they refurbish it. Clearly there's an issue.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I have absolutely no problem using bluetooth only the auxiliary. When I get my headphones I'll check those. Who knows maybe it was the cable.

Well I figured it out. While listening to music, I had Wase running at even though I had sound off in Wase, every time it wants to provide navigational assistance (talk to me) it is dimming the sound from Google Music. Haven't figured out how to solve it (yet) but at least it's not the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech