Note 3: Screen going dim due to overheating at max brightness?

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Seeing a lot of reports of the Note 3 auto-dimming the screen even with auto-brightness turned off and max brightness selected? I'm curious if this is just a couple of strange instances or a widespread problem. It might be a deal breaker for me since I usually run at max brightness on AMOLED screens.

Last edited by a moderator:

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen going dim due to overheating at max brightness?

If you have it set to adaptive, it might do it then as well.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

on any phone that ive had, if it over heats, it will dim automatically to cool down a bit. it's a great feature, to prevent burnt skin. my droid razr gets to about 116f. and dims for a little bit when it gets this hot.

slide83

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Why? Are you a fan of burn-in?

Are you suggesting that running a phone at 100% brightness will damage the screen? Don't you think samsung/Motorola know what their screens can take and set the brightness max accordingly or are you just trolling?

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Thank God you created this thread.
I am having this issue too.
Although, I am not sure if it does it everytime it heats up. My phone is pretty cool. I mean, cold. You know what I mean.
Please please pleazeeeee.
I need a fix. I don't want a dimmed phone!
I want to enjoy it in FULL HD COLOR! :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

it has some adaptive settings, and power saving settings, which will change brightness automatically depends on the content being displayed.

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

it has some adaptive settings, and power saving settings, which will change brightness automatically depends on the content being displayed.

I made sure those opetions are turned off. But it still happened.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

mikedark6699

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Make sure your not running samsung knox..I had same issue til I uninstalled it..all good.now running max brightness

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I am not aware of such an app. I'll look into it right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Make sure your not running samsung knox..I had same issue til I uninstalled it..all good.now running max brightness

How did you uninstall it?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

Make sure to go to settings/display/Screen Mode/ and change it from adaptive to standard or movie that will allows make it so you dont have to have your screen at 100, which you NEVER should do on any phone....

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Make sure to go to settings/display/Screen Mode/ and change it from adaptive to standard or movie that will allows make it so you dont have to have your screen at 100, which you NEVER should do on any phone....

Why not?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

Realistically it has no effect other than effecting the life of the display, and to be honest even at full brightness it will last the two years or lest most people will own it.

mikedark6699

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Samsung knox is a new samsung software that comes bundled on note 3...look In your app drawer and it will be in the samsung folder..if its running that is definitely your issue

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

Samsung knox is a new samsung software that comes bundled on note 3...look In your app drawer and it will be in the samsung folder..if its running that is definitely your issue

Verizon and AT&T disabled this app and it wont launch; so this will only be the case if they are on TMO

mikedark6699

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Uninstall is tricky..you have to go in your app drawer and actually launch samsung knox and uninstall it through the app..cant be done through setting and applications

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I disabled it.
What does that do anyway.
Btw, you guys know how to get the old video player back? I like the stock Video player for the SGN2 better than the one in SGN3.

That's just me though.

mikedark6699

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

I disabled it.
What does that do anyway.
Btw, you guys know how to get the old video player back? I like the stock Video player for the SGN2 better than the one in SGN3.

That's just me though.

Samsung knox is a new secure based software to seperate business and personal use and secure content... When I checked ram usage it was running apps constantly in both modes basically putting twice the load on the cpu... The software needs to be fixed or note 3's will overheat...it almost killed my phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12