I was in Best Buy Friday looking at the Galaxy Note 3 (AT&T) and noticed that with the brightness turned down below about 75%, the colors and contrast seemed to be pretty washed out. I'm only asking because, on my Galaxy Nexus, I have my brightness turned down to about 50% to save on battery, and the colors and contrast still look good. Maybe it was the bright ambient lighting in the BB store.

Anyway, I already have mine preordered on Verizon, but was just wondering others experience with the brightness setting is so far.
    10-05-2013 09:32 PM
    I've been running at about 33% brightness today to see how the power consumption vs use tradeoff went. I bumped it back up to 50% tonight and I'm liking that better so far. I think it's pretty good even at 50% for general use and allowing the phone to manage brightness up to that point, but not for something like photo tweaking and such.
    10-05-2013 10:13 PM
    So... what your saying then is that at 50% the colors and contrast still look pretty good? It would be interesting to know what brightness setting others on average are using. I don't know, maybe most people just set it to 100%.
    10-05-2013 11:06 PM
    There's also the adaptive display setting they offer to tweak contrast and brightness for what the Note 3 detects as the viewing conditions. Generally, the Movie setting is considered to offer more accurate color for this phone, but that disables the adaptive feature. There are a couple of settings that affect the experience imho, not just brightness. And I think you have to have a balance against what you need in the way of battery life as well.

This would be a good thing to set up with Tasker where you can have it reconfigure your screen settings for some common different things you do with your phone.
    10-05-2013 11:35 PM