How Fast does the Usb 3.0 charge 3200 mAh

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hoping to finally pick up my Verizon N 3 this Thursday. Coming from a HTC DNA - wonderful phone that has terrible terrible battery life - as a power user I am hoping the combination of the 3200 mAh battery AND the faster charging keeps me juiced all day long.....

How fast does this beast charge !?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hoping to finally pick up my Verizon N 3 this Thursday. Coming from a HTC DNA - wonderful phone that has terrible terrible battery life - as a power user I am hoping the combination of the 3200 mAh battery AND the faster charging keeps me juiced all day long.....

How fast does this beast charge !?

About 2 hours from 0 percent

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Oddly, mine took an hour and 20 minutes from 3 percent on the first night I got the phone. Although it was with me not using the phone at all.

Edit: If you're a power user, and probably using the phone during charging I'd say above 2 hours for a full charge.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Oddly, mine took an hour and 20 minutes from 3 percent on the first night I got the phone. Although it was with me not using the phone at all.

Edit: If you're a power user, and probably using the phone during charging I'd say above 2 hours for a full charge.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah I used it Abit.. And got notifications through.

Although yesterday I charged it at 16.40 and by 17.40 it went from 50 percent to 90.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

VAHE999

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Anybody can aNswer my question?i have galaxy note 3...its not charging via usb...when i plug it into my pc the battery % goes down...I try to factory reset....after reset it works fine,but when i try copy videofiles in my phone after copying videofiles the % goes down again...what happening?its like my phone dont like videofiles????SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

megandroidowner

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Your computer must have low power on the USB outlet (maybe not updated) thus resulting to not charging your phone. That happens to me as well so now I charge via the wall cable.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's stunningly fast on AC. It took 90 minutes from 7% to full. Seems to be faster above 50%.

Probably apples and oranges though. Uk ac is 240 volt, (or is it 220) but I have no idea if this makes a difference.

I have a dedicated charging usb port on the battery end of a Lenovo Thinkpad L420, but I haven't taken them both away yet so don't know how quick.

I did notice when I first opened my Note 3 that my Galaxy S2 ac charger barely charged it at all at first.
The new N3 adapter puts out 2.0 mAh compared to 1.0 mAh on the GS2 though it charges OK now when I want to use it. My Samsung branded car charger since my GS2 days also charges OK.

In short, via AC and the new adapter it is incredibly fast. You could sit watching the battery percentage go up.
Probably not what you are asking though.

It will give a quick top up charge during the day in a very short time with the higher output supplied adapter. Things are moving on.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Only way it can (maybe) go from 7-100 in 90 minutes is if the phone is off. Either that, or your clock is wrong. It's physically impossible for the phone to charge that fast while it's on...
It takes over 2 hours from 7-100%...

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't be sure if it was on or off. I think I turned the data off at least.

I deliberately let it go low to 7%.
I watched TV that evening with it charging near me, and hey presto it was full.

It was after about 2 weeks use.

I'll see if I can replicate it, possibly later as I didn't charge overnight and I am at 35% @ 2.30 pm. I can top up a little in the car

My clock is fine, 26 hours a day.

I'm not a heavy user.

I'm not quite sure what the OP was after though. Possibly not AC.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

Last edited:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When the Note 3 first came out the talk of the USB 3 cable and port charging faster was all the rage. However, the only portion of the USB 3 connection that can be used for charging is the USB 2 portion. There was a UTUBE video by one of the android writers where he actually tried charging the same Note 3 phone from the same power source and found that until about the 95% charged level (if memory serves) the charging rate was identical (as should be expected since the new portion of the USB 3 connection only carries data). The last few percent of charge does indeed go faster but this was attributed to the charging software as the hardware, of course, didn't change during the charging cycle.
That said, the specs for the Note 3 list a minimun input amperage for charging as 1.3 amps. This is higher than the older PCs, wall chargers, and car chargers output.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Huh. 'Specified minimum 1.3 mA charge".

You would think they would make that clear in the start up guide, or anywhere.

Like I said above, it seemed my GS2 1.0mA charger was keeping my then new phone ticking over but making no inroads with charging. (I wanted to keep the adapter and lead unused if I put it for sale). It's now charging OK when I occasionally use the old adapter.

The Note 3's must be prevalently charged with spare 1.0 mA adapters.
I don't know what S3's and S4's shipped with.
What about car chargers?

Are you talking specifically about PC / Laptop ports?

Maybe you mean a min of 1.3 mA to avail of faster charging.

I'll follow this thread so no need to reply.
Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3

(regular readers will notice I have a new affliction of constant editing, so check back every 5 minutes. I hate phone keyboards)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy