Note 3 video call not working

captainbob906

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Delighted with the note 3 but frustrated that the video call function won't work. I select video call from the contacts page, it attempts to call then reports video call not possible.

I've tried on 3g and with wifi. I am trying to call my wife's note 3 which should be compatible. It also has the same fault.

Any suggestions. ? Is it a Vodafone issue perhaps?
Thanks..

Posted via Android Central App

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That's not an option on my phone either, I'm on Sprint. Can you take a screenshot of the contract page (with personal info blacked out of course).

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

aegould

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Have got an AT&T GN3 and the video option isn't there. Must be a feature option based on the carrier and/or International version(?)

androidmubz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Have you found a way of video call?? I got my note 3 yesterday and was frustrated with unable to make video calls.

But I have found a way!
Via use of Hangouts!!!

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just use Hangouts, Tango, Skype, etc??? Also, where are you located? I guess it is a Vodafone option???

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you found a way of video call?? I got my note 3 yesterday and was frustrated with unable to make video calls.

But I have found a way!
Via use of Hangouts!!!

Hangouts video call is pretty good. I use it a lot.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Delighted with the note 3 but frustrated that the video call function won't work. I select video call from the contacts page, it attempts to call then reports video call not possible.

I've tried on 3g and with wifi. I am trying to call my wife's note 3 which should be compatible. It also has the same fault.

Any suggestions. ? Is it a Vodafone issue perhaps?
Thanks..

Posted via Android Central App

Are you in the UK perhaps? It's just you mention Vodafone. I'm in the UK on EE, and I have video calling on my Note 3. It has to be activated by your carrier (Vodafone), just give them a call - video calls cost a little more than normal calls. It works really well actually, and is handy if you don't have an internet connection.

This will confuse our American friends, as I don't think their carriers offer such a service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Canadian note 3 here. Don't have video call in phone book as well

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't even have video calling in hangout either

Yes you have video calling in hangouts. Click on a contact/contacts to start a hangout and then click the video camera in the top left corner to start a video chat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes you have video calling in hangouts. Click on a contact/contacts to start a hangout and then click the video camera in the top left corner to start a video chat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Can you please post a pic.? .cause I don't see anything in hangout

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Never mind I found it. The people need to have an email address and be part of g+

Last edited: