Note 3 screen freeze

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys my note 3 sometimes just freezes .. Please help.

Posted via Android Central App

Could be an app you installed causing it?

Try removing some of the apps before it started happening.

Or if it started doing it fresh out of the box try a factory reset might fix it.

Tappin From My N3

rohit 51

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Hardly have installed a few games and some applications. Lot of memory still there. Killing background applications regularly with cc cleaner. And still it freezes sometimes. Otherwise the phone is super quick

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Hardly have installed a few games and some applications. Lot of memory still there. Killing background applications regularly with cc cleaner. And still it freezes sometimes. Otherwise the phone is super quick

Was it doing it out of the box? Or after you downloaded some apps?

Tappin From My N3

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just a few applications. Fb , wats app. Nothing much I guess

So then it didn't freeze out of the box if it started freezing on day 2 or 3 and you had apps/games installed. All it takes is 1 bad app. Try a factory reset and monitor after you download an app to see if it continues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same thing and did a factory hard reset. I noticed it doing it more after downloaded another clock app. Once I erased and factory reset have not noticed again so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Meant to add noticed it freezing a lot when trying device on. It took a bit to use if that makes sense. I had no screen lock on at the time. As stated restoring device from factory cured my freezing and also cured issues I had with device synching with galaxy gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If you want to be the first kid on the block with the new toy, high prices and glitches is the price you pay for being an early adopter...something I refuse to do.

Yaron Rosen

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
my friend also bought note3 and he called me twice and said the note3 has freeze
but he also mentioned that it freeze when there is no reception!!

i don't know what is going on samsung it letting people down so much lately

COTTCO

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
It has everything to do with index services & sd card. I recently upgraded to Note 3 - and it froze up within minutes of leaving the store. Thinking, perhaps, that a firmware update was imminent, I worked with it but the freeze and lag times increased in both frequency and duration. I returned to the verizon store, and thankfully it acted up while there so no question about the exchange. The new in box replacement worked flawlessly at first, but within a couple of hours the freeze up and lag commenced plus a lot of heat near battery. Not knowing cause, I googled problem and found this thread - so thank you for reporting your issues. And somewhere in this thread - someone mentioned "index service", and how samsung treats that operation. Well, samsung index service is much like Windows index service, it scans all drives to optimize placement of material for ease of access - probably a more technical description exists, but this works for me. Another mention concerned SD card. I pulled my 16gb sd card, and - viola - go figure, the Note 3 came alive and worked FLAWLESSLY, continuing to work as expected. This morning I put in an empty 4gb sd card, no problems. No lag, no freeze, Note 3 is a beautiful and fully capable work of art. As for apps, in addition to factory settings, I have added Fitness Pal, Extensions, Calculator +, Android Sensor Box - but temperature feature doesn't work on Samsung - so this app going byebye. And - no more heat - back of phone is cool to the touch. Conclusion - first unit out the door was working quad core overtime through index service as my 16 gb sd card was 3/4 full of pictures and pdf docs - and likely there is a corrupt pdf on the card, which Note 3 could not overcome - and likely put index service into a continuous loop accounting for lag, heat, and freeze.
My suggestion is to remove sd card, first. Reboot, and run the phone without the sd card in place - to start. From my experience, changing the sd card is answer. Further, you can transfer old sd card information to computer, then transfer to phone if those files are needed. I am doing that now in small increments to ensure hassle-free operation. I hope my information is helpful, and look forward to reading your results.
Cottco

Robert Castillo Jr

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I had this exact issue and researched It vigorously and finally found a solution. I realized when I uninstalled my 'app killer' app then the phone stop freezing. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary