New firmware update for SM-N9005

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there !

Today my N3 picked up a new firmware update. The update wasn't clear about the changes it has, only says "Improve stability". I was wondering if anyone has more information about this new update and what do they mean by improve stability.

- N9005XXUBMJ1
- JSS15J.N9005XXUBMJ1

Here is one of the links i found
Samsung starts October updates for Galaxy Note 3 | SamMobile

It’s been less than two weeks since the Galaxy Note 3 went on sale, and Samsung has already started rolling out updates for both the Exynos and Snapdragon variants of the device for the month of October. A new OTA update is currently making its way to devices in countries like France and Russia, firmware version XXUBMJ1, and while there’s no telling what’s changed, we do hope Samsung has addressed performance issues in the camera, which suffers from long processing times when capturing photos.

The update should become available to all users over the air and via Kies over the next few days, but for those unwilling to wait, the latest firmware can be downloaded from our firmware section and flashed manually.

Regards
Yathani

Last edited:

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. Time to disable updates. It works just fine and what ain't broken, don't fix it. Way too many bad updates from the previous devices, always promising something and every single time they break things. No more, if I can decide.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. Time to disable updates. It works just fine and what ain't broken, don't fix it. Way too many bad updates from the previous devices, always promising something and every single time they break things. No more, if I can decide.

Yeah I kinda agree..!
I would love to know what kind of stability improve it has though. My wife has Xperia Z and she always complain about short life of battery and NFC not working, but after the update she is getting ridiculous amount of battery time. Last time I check she has the phone unplugged for 20 hours and she used the screen for one hour. The battery dropped to 75% only.

I would love to have such a noticeable update from Samsung just like the way Sony does it.

shc123

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded the update and not long after I got the "authentication error" while trying to connect to wifi, and it has never happened before the update..... The problem resolved itself after a while. No idea what happened or if the problem was actually caused by the update.

Posted via Android Central App

Ninjaman1200

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine has downloaded the new update and I wouldn't say it's more stable, anything but. When the update (automatically) did it's thing and rebooted the phone, it never came back, just sits there getting hot with SAMSUNG written on the screen. I ended up putting it into recovery mode and gradually performing the various options to get it working, starting with the least detrimental (Wipe Cache) working up to full wipe and reset. That was Tuesday 8th Oct 2013, 13 days after it arrived. it had gone into a boot loop three times in between arrival and the update day.

I backed the phone up last night and when I picked it up this morning, the key pad was making sounds and the app were "Audio Present" despite the mute symbol being present on the home screen and the volume off.

Rebooted the phone and it has "lunched" its self again, just the SAMSUNG text in the middle and a rapidly heating phone.

It's going back to the provider today for swap/refund as I have no intention of spending hours rebuilding it twice a week.

I never had this crap with my Note 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo