Somewhat surprised that the hype machine is already dying down

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Compared to the release of the S4, or even the Note 2 or more recently the iPhone 5S/5C, I'm really surprised at the lack of excitement around the Note 3. I don't know if its because of the lack of anything truly revolutionary in this device (just improvements on predecessor mainly), or because it didn't have a banner first few days' sales or what.

Anyone else feel this way?

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I feel that you should buy a phone you like and stop caring about how much other people are chit-chatting about the device.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Compared to the release of the S4, or even the Note 2 or more recently the iPhone 5S/5C, I'm really surprised at the lack of excitement around the Note 3. I don't know if its because of the lack of anything truly revolutionary in this device (just improvements on predecessor mainly), or because it didn't have a banner first few days' sales or what.

lt seems that there was a lot of buzz around the Note 3. But there are other devices that people are interested in. But this is a really awesome phone whether people Know it or not.

sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Note 3.

Last edited:

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Its true I dont hear anything about it. But if it was a certain "fruit" it would be all in our faces. Weird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I think there's a lot of big red users like myself who are just tired.

Calm before the storm, if you will.

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Well, it could be that a lot of people haven't noticed it, or realized it.

My case for example. I was on the S4, I purchased one June, my wife also. However, after reading, I didn't like that 16gb on internal memory. I returned and went on a drought to wait for Tmobile to come with the 32gb version. I waited a couple months, but I am only looking at the S4, not looking at anything else, and sure not the note. Just happened to read something a couple days ago about the Note 3, and wham! I changed up right there. However, not like the S4 which I had been following, the Note 3 just popped out of the blue, packed with 32gb right from the start. IMO, that is why the Note 3 is not blam blam like the S4 was.. Point is, glad I waited :D

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
We actually like our device enough to play with it and use it rather than telling everyone how cool it is while not enjoying it (because we're talking about it instead of using it).

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Put "galaxy note 3" in your google news page, there's lots of buzz. And a few half hearted reviews trying to skew things to find fault that could certainly use some comments from Note 3 enthusiasts!

caj27

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My office mate, who is an iPhone user, just returned from visiting family in India, and she said Galaxy Notes were ubiquitous. So I'm not too worried about there being accessories, apps, and such.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My office mate, who is an iPhone user, just returned from visiting family in India, and she said Galaxy Notes were ubiquitous. So I'm not too worried about there being accessories, apps, and such.

I would also suspect that because the Note 3 doesn't look too much different from the Note 2 to the common consumer that they don't even realize that it is new and hoe much of a better device it is. Plus, I think that a lot of smartphone manufacturers are going to hit the wall soon because I believe that smartphones have already gone beyond what the average user needs on a daily basis. How do you convince someone to upgrade to a newer, better device if the iPhone 4 they have or a galaxy S III meets all of their needs and then some? I bought my father an S III last year and he still doesn't know of all of the features or how to use them and incorporate them in his daily life. There would be no need for him to upgrade to the S4 or the S5.

sent from the baddest device on the planet, my brand new Galaxy Note 3.

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Really? Where?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Seriously? No wonder you don't hear things. For example, this very Android Central has mentioned both of those things. When the news start spreading, you should be able to read it again and again from different sources. Some of them also repeat the message everywhere they can. Just like this Android Central does.

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-3-region-lock-more-details-emerge
http://m.androidcentral.com/week-s-sidebar-poll-do-you-run-benchmarks-your-phone

Sent using Note3

andy roddy

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I think there's plenty of buzz, but there's also a lot of negative buzz around the price. I'll definitely pick this up on TMo, but I haven't paid $600+ for a phone since the Palm Treo 650. I'll wait for the obligatory discounts in November and December.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The S4 was marketed as an iPhone killer. That is why the press kept talking about it. Everyone had to put their two cents into an article no matter how insignificant their tech position or lack thereof was.