Hey Note 3'ers,

I've started using Go SMS Pro over the stock messaging app and i love it. However, I CANNOT make it so that the Go SMS Pro app shows a "preview" message popup on my lock screen, for when I get a new message. I get a notification vibrate, and icon on the very top, but no preview and option to reply from the lock screen. Can't get it to work. I have the following settings set to ON:

- Enable Notifications (AND stock sms app has notifications off)
    - Enable popup windows
    -Turn on screen when receiving messages

Anyone got it to work properly?

Thanks
    10-07-2013 08:59 PM
    Mine pops up with all of the message contents, minus any attached pictures or videos. I didn't change any settings after I installed except for font type and box colors. I don't think I altered anything when I used it on my S3 either, so I don't believe it kept a previous setting around.
    10-07-2013 10:05 PM
    Mine pops up with all of the message contents, minus any attached pictures or videos. I didn't change any settings after I installed except for font type and box colors. I don't think I altered anything when I used it on my S3 either, so I don't believe it kept a previous setting around.
    Damn, well thx for the heads up. You are using a note 3, right? Just asking because of your signature.
    10-07-2013 10:09 PM
    Damn, well thx for the heads up. You are using a note 3, right? Just asking because of your signature.
    Yep, forgot to update it lol. Been too busy using the new phone!
    10-07-2013 10:18 PM
    Did you also go into popup settings and checkmark display message content?
    10-07-2013 10:21 PM
    Did you also go into popup settings and checkmark display message content?
    Yup I get the popups with the icons... when the phone is unlocked and im sitting in the dock screen. Nothin' except the little tiny go sms icon when in the lock screen.
    10-07-2013 10:23 PM
    Yup I get the popups with the icons... when the phone is unlocked and im sitting in the dock screen. Nothin' except the little tiny go sms icon when in the lock screen.
    Hmm, I am using Nova Launcher Prime and Widget Locker as 3rd party launcher and lock screen options. Not sure if that makes much of a difference.
    10-07-2013 10:24 PM
    Hmm, I am using Nova Launcher Prime and Widget Locker as 3rd party launcher and lock screen options. Not sure if that makes much of a difference.
    Thanks! On a side note, I looked at WidgetLocker and it says its incompatible with my device :3 strange
    10-07-2013 10:45 PM
    Thanks! On a side note, I looked at WidgetLocker and it says its incompatible with my device :3 strange
    That is really strange because it tells me the same thing but I already have it installed and set it up the first day (Friday) that I got the phone, lol. I will say, there are a few bugs with it so far. Like when you pull down the notifications from the top of the screen, it goes behind the wallpaper and you can't see it.
    10-07-2013 10:52 PM
    Thx! Now I've made a slight bit of progress. I still cannot get it to pop up in the lock screen, but as soon as I unlock, i now get the popup. I guess I'm slowly getting somewhere. Grrrr
    10-07-2013 11:01 PM
    Is there an SMS app that will let me click reply from the notification drawer?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-07-2013 11:40 PM
    Is there an SMS app that will let me click reply from the notification drawer?

Posted via Android Central App
    Mmmm GO SMS pro kind of does that. you just tap the message in the notification drawer and it leads to the message, ready to reply.

Now if only I could get this darn lock screen notification to work : (
    10-08-2013 10:48 AM
    Just gonna bump this in case anyone ever figured out how to do it. I still can't get pop up preview on the lock screen, only notification at the notification bar.
    10-20-2013 11:03 AM
    Hey Note 3'ers,

I've started using Go SMS Pro over the stock messaging app and i love it. However, I CANNOT make it so that the Go SMS Pro app shows a "preview" message popup on my lock screen, for when I get a new message. I get a notification vibrate, and icon on the very top, but no preview and option to reply from the lock screen. Can't get it to work. I have the following settings set to ON:

- Enable Notifications (AND stock sms app has notifications off)
    - Enable popup windows
    -Turn on screen when receiving messages

Anyone got it to work properly?

Thanks
    Mine seems to work... the only other thing I altered was to use the black board pop-up theme... works on my GN3.
    10-20-2013 11:12 AM
    Mine seems to work... the only other thing I altered was to use the black board pop-up theme... works on my GN3.
    So strange.... I've tried everything. Rebooting, reinstalling gosms, tried with the default disabled, all popup /notification options in gosms, etc. etc.

Nothing causes it to pop up with a preview. For the record, I'm talking about the preview pop up.

But now, I can't get the default text app to do popups on the lock screen. Must be a general security setting. Mmmm
    10-20-2013 11:18 AM
    Yeap that's what I'm talk about... I get a notification and once I turn the screen on... there's the SMS popup... there must be some buried setting somewhere... odd.

~ScottGeek.
    10-20-2013 04:35 PM
    The only way I was able to get mine to show on the lock screen is with no or a low security lock, i.e. swipe only to enter into the phone, no key enter. The notification shows at the top of the screen in a panel bar that quickly goes away after the inital popup.
    01-16-2014 09:52 AM
    Is gosms any good??? what about gosms pro? pros cons? I was looking at the play store saw that it got some bad reviews now.
    01-16-2014 09:26 PM
    I just installed GO SMS Pro on my HTC One... doing so changed my phone's Lock-Screen Setting. Previously I had it set up to display pictures from my gallery... now it is all funky and pulling from news feeds and I hate it! Does anyone know how to fix this?
    04-11-2014 12:19 PM