How to lock Note 3 to LTE/4g signal?

Nikolai Jov Mendoza

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
you can just type *#2263# .. from there you will access the service mode and you can choose LTE/4G signal only

works for S4, Note 3.. (not tried in S3, never got the chance to hold one)

-GGG

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you can just type *#2263# .. from there you will access the service mode and you can choose LTE/4G signal only

works for S4, Note 3.. (not tried in S3, never got the chance to hold one)

-GGG

This is blocked in some Note 3 variants. You can also use the advanced signal status app which takes you to the same menu. But it was blocked after the aws update on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I would have to root to get to it now

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow...no one seems to have caught on to the fact that it's not the switching from LTE to 3G that's eating battery; it's LTE itself. Might help if you researched that 1st.

LTE drains battery at a good 35% faster rate than 3G/ H+/ HSPA. That's a fact, not a guess. So why would anyone actually want to "lock on" to LTE only??

and101an

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, you obviously don't understand. My Note 3 keeps staying in 3G with 1 or 2 bars, even though LTE is supposed to be here, and it just jumps to LTE when I bring up the phone. So, if I could force it to LTE, I might could get a better idea if it is the absence of LTE that is the problem, etc. So, there are reasons that somebody would want LTE only. Sprint Tech has told me to return it, by the way.

ANyway, the NOTE 3 on Sprint is capable of SVLTE (voice and LTE at the same time), so the LTE radio and CDMA can run at the same time. Anyway, aren't LTE capable phones supposed to stay on LTE all the time if it is available?

jonathan yoakum

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Wow...no one seems to have caught on to the fact that it's not the switching from LTE to 3G that's eating battery; it's LTE itself. Might help if you researched that 1st.

LTE drains battery at a good 35% faster rate than 3G/ H+/ HSPA. That's a fact, not a guess. So why would anyone actually want to "lock on" to LTE only??

Gotta call that out.
35%? Sure thing streaming.
35% by simply being in 4g mode? Not reasonable.

Being in a mode is never near close to using that mode. Goes for fiber, Ethernet, and WiFi alike.
But I would like to see the power draw during a constant up/down of modes.