I have been with Android since installing Android 1.1 on an old HTC Touch Windows phone. But, the past 2 years I've been using an iPhone. Now I'm returning to Android with much enthusiasm.

One thing I loved about the iPhone was Photo Stream, where I could snap a picture, and it would eventually make its way onto a folder of my computer - without requiring any further action from me. It just worked.

When my Note 3 arrives, I'd like to know in advance which system I'll use for photo syncing. What do you guys recommend?

UPDATE: going to a folder on my computer isn't necessary... an online option would be fine, as long as I can easily manage and access the full resolution images.
    10-08-2013 07:30 AM
    Welcome to the forums (and back to Android).

There's quite a few options. You can auto-sync photos to Facebook, Dropbox, Google+ and a bunch of other places. Really just what you want to do. I personally just have them all sync up to Google+ (which then are available in my Picasa albums).

I think Samsung provides software called Kies with your phone that will sync to a folder on your desktop if you don't want to go through a cloud service.
    10-08-2013 07:35 AM
    Great, thanks.

So auto-syncing probably works through the services' associated apps then? I keep forgetting that with Android, apps are still able to do stuff in the background past 10 minutes.
    10-08-2013 09:57 AM
    I use Google+ drop box myself. . I love redundancy

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2013 03:08 PM
    Hi there - same story, I just broke up with my iPhone 5, and am now married to a Galaxy Note 3. I like the Google + syncing idea .. so please let me know HOW I set that up?

thanks!
    Lori
    01-14-2014 11:14 AM
    Just set up your Google+ account, go to Settings, Accounts, find the Google+ account and turn on Photo BackUp. You're set. Same thing with Dropbox (I think it's called Camera upload there). Same thing with Facebook.

Personally I use DropBox because of Samsung's 50GB promo, but if you keep your pictures under a certain size, Google+ is the better option as those uploads don't count against your quota.

Oh, by the way! I didn't see this mentioned, but the OP said he liked the PC folder sync. You can only do that with Dropbox, not with Facebook. Since I don't upload my pics to Google+, I'm not sure if these upload only to the social network or if they also appear in your Google Drive account; if it's the latter, then the PC folder sync is also possible with Google+, but if it's the first, then only Cloud Back up and manual download is possible.
    01-14-2014 04:06 PM