Anyone switched to Note 3 from iphone?

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have had iphones for about five years now. Just robotically got the latest iphone every time my contract was up. I've blindly just always believed that Apple phones were the best. But I'm really liking this Note 3. I'm thinking of making the leap to Android.
I have a few questions regarding the big switch....

Do android phones have an iTunes equivalent? A place on your computer to manage music, pictures, phone backup, etc?

Also, how difficult is the process of transferring my pictures, videos, calendar, and contacts to the Samsung Note?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm really enjoying reading the forums here.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had iphones for about five years now. Just robotically got the latest iphone every time my contract was up. I've blindly just always believed that Apple phones were the best. But I'm really liking this Note 3. I'm thinking of making the leap to Android.
I have a few questions regarding the big switch....

Do android phones have an iTunes equivalent? A place on your computer to manage music, pictures, phone backup, etc?

Also, how difficult is the process of transferring my pictures, videos, calendar, and contacts to the Samsung Note?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm really enjoying reading the forums here.

You can use iTunes with Android, albeit with some assistance from "helper" apps. There are many of them. One that comes to mind is Synctunes at Google Play

Syncing Video, Pictures, Calendar and Contacts can all be done via the Cloud with Gmail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, and Google+ (for pictures and Video). If you want to breakaway from iTunes you can try Google Music.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is a thread to help you make the switch: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html

Welcome to the AC Forums!

A lot of people who have made the switch from iOS to Android. Also, keep in mind that Samsung has a program called "Kies", which is a desktop client to keep your device sync'd, updated and manage it from a PC. If you have further questions feel free to ask and be sure to let us know if you purchase the Note 3 or decide to stay with the iOS.

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I did last week, having iphone forever and blackberry before that. This is my first android and so far I love it. I do however find myself having iphone withdrawals from time to time. Some things are easy, others can be frustrating and time consuming to figure out. Stick with it for awhile. Its starting to grow on me. Its getting easier everyday. You might just love it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Droid Gator

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
My first Android phone was the T-Mobile G1. It was buggy and felt like a brick in my pocket. I switched to the iPhone 3G and liked it a lot but was using it on T-Mobile with a host of issues as a result. So I switched to another Android phone and it was nice but I missed my iPhone and iOS. Needless to say, I switched to Verizon and lived the iPhone life for several years. Lately, I have grown tired and frustrated with Apple because of screen size and an inability to keep up with the competition. I convinced my wife to buy a Note 2 after she gave her iPhone 5 a bath and have been researching the Note 3 for several months. I played with the Note 3 at Best Buy and can't wait for my shipment from Verizon on Thursday! I don't anticipate returning to Apple anytime soon.

candycakes525

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I went from the samsung note 2 to the iphone 5s.....and I took the iphone back within days of having it...the battery life was horrible and i did not like the ios 7--i ordered the note 3. Depends on what you're looking to do with your phone. I like the note because it's not limited to what i can do and how i can use it. the iphone is. the screen was just too small....

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from my iPhone 5 and I said to myself that I wasn't going to switch but I did it anyway. So far I really like the Note 3. I am mad at myself that I wasn't stronger to resist buying the Note 3 but I did figure that it was going to be too difficult not to pick this bad boy up seeing as though I really liked the Note 2.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my brand new Galaxy Note 3.

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I did last week, having iphone forever and blackberry before that. This is my first android and so far I love it. I do however find myself having iphone withdrawals from time to time. Some things are easy, others can be frustrating and time consuming to figure out. Stick with it for awhile. Its starting to grow on me. Its getting easier everyday. You might just love it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Bro trust me after a few weeks you will not regret your decision. I was a serious apple fan boy. Went on to nexus 4 then HTC then S4 and then note 3. What amazed me was it kep getting better. I looked at my wife's iPhone 5 screen last night and it looked like a midget. I still have the iPad which I love but after the S4 and now the note 3 hardly use it anymore. The whole household is using it as a shared device. People are complaining all around me who have the iPhone how terrible the iOS 7 is their battery issues and small screen and I am laughing at them. So enjoy and don't look back :)

Posted via Android Central App

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a learning curve learning Android vs IOS but, once you get the hang of it, you won't go back. It is almost a free world in Android that only your imagination can limit what you can do with this phone. Google play will keep up to 20,000 songs from your desktop library in the cloud for FREE. Download the software to your pc and once you go through the steps, it will upload them for you behind the scenes. Google play offers a FREE SONG OF THE DAY, that you can download and becomes part of your library. Live wallpapers are incredible along with multiple ringtones and notifications sounds (Zedge app) that will keep you awake. Let the experience sink and every day you will find a new trick that you like and possibly were not able to do on IOS. This is all coming from an Iphone 3 user about 4 years ago and have not looked back to IOS. Now, the Iphone looks to me like a dumbed down phone. For example, why is the weather app always Sunny 93 degrees until you go in and open it. With Android, you can use a widget on your screen and the weather info is in real time.

Ian B

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Bro trust me after a few weeks you will not regret your decision. I was a serious apple fan boy. Went on to nexus 4 then HTC then S4 and then note 3. What amazed me was it kep getting better. I looked at my wife's iPhone 5 screen last night and it looked like a midget. I still have the iPad which I love but after the S4 and now the note 3 hardly use it anymore. The whole household is using it as a shared device. People are complaining all around me who have the iPhone how terrible the iOS 7 is their battery issues and small screen and I am laughing at them. So enjoy and don't look back :)

Posted via Android Central App

I saved my iphone as a backup, just in case, looks like im going to be selling it soon. I dont plan on going back to apple anytime soon.

ddthld

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching from my 4S to the Note 3 once Verizon gets them in the store. I've been away from Android since 2.3, so I'm going to have a lot to learn. What are some of the biggest upgrades to Android since 2.3. Also, how does the Note 3 camera compare to the 4S?

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I had been an iphone user since the beginning (from original through the 5). I took a brief break when the Evo 4G came out, but overall the phone/4G weren't quite ready for primetime so I went back to iphone.

This past spring I picked up the Note 2 and can finally say that android is ready and feels like a real competitor. There are some things iOS does that are nice, but the options and freedom on android are amazing. The idea of "I don't like this keyboard, I'll get another one!" or "I don't like this text message program, I'll get another one!" or "I don't like this clock, I'll get another one!" is great. I'd probably still recommend an elderly family member/wife/kid who doesn't like messing with that kind of stuff to get an iphone, but as someone who does like that type of stuff, it has been a pleasure.

I can't say I'll never go back, but I'm very happy on android and am excited about the Note 3 and other stuff on the horizon.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I was a die hard iPhone fan and still kinda am for some things. Used iPhone since the beginning and actually switched to DROID for awhile several years ago just to see the hype. Using DROID for several months was great but seemed cumbersome on some things. IPhone is just easy and flows well. So long story short used iPhone 5 for long time and once apple didn't offer increased size in screen with new iPhone jumped ship once again. The new note 3 is wayyyyyy different than the galaxy 3 I used awhile back. Loving the note 3 so far. Only issues are small ie holding down button to delete a text message instead of swipping. Another is attempting to copy and paste within applications iPhone much easier. While in the map app attempt to save an address into contacts. Not so easy. Also no copy and past inside of you tube. DROID is great but lots of clicks to do simple stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone in a nut she'll is great for easy access of apps and doing just that. No customization options and small screen. Apple from what I understand is going to a larger screen next roll out of iPhone 6. This might draw more people in wanting the larger screen. If apple would have had larger screen might have not switched to the note 3. What you need to ask yourself is once the new features of the note 3 wear off is it enough to want to use it daily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Shayne H

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Switched and never going back. Tasker is a huge reason for never going back along with the ability to customize so much and the SCREEN size lol

angelicruin

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll be switching from iPhone 4s to Note 3 as soon as Fedex delivers tomorrow. :) I like Apple and I won't part with my iPad, but I'm tired of waiting for a larger screen to be released that never seems to materialize. I'll probably eventually go back to iPhones in the future once they catch up with the competition, but for now I am very excited about the prospect of going from a 3.5" screen to 5.7" and I love the idea of a precise stylus for writing activities.

I had iPhones from the first through the 3G version until I took a brief foray into Android about a year and a half ago with a HTC Thunderbolt. Loved the larger display at the time, but OMG that phone couldn't hold a charge to save its life, was constantly restarting, and the GPS was whacked (some days it showed me in Virginia, other days it was Colorado or North Dakota---I live in Ohio btw.) I lasted with it for 1 year then went back to iPhone and got my current 4s.

I'm excited and hopeful that this experience with Android will be better than the last. I spent all of last weekend stalking Best Buy daily to play with the display units of the Note 3 and I have to say I am very impressed so far and cannot wait to see Fedex pull up tomorrow. :D

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Like many others, I originally used the regular iphone 4, and switched to S3 and then note 2, and now onto note 3 mainly due to screen size and emulator support. I guess if apple finally smartened up for the iphone 6 and came out with a 6" screen option, I may be tempted to go back, but it'll be a very hard uphill sell.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from my iPhone 5 and I said to myself that I wasn't going to switch but I did it anyway. So far I really like the Note 3. I am mad at myself that I wasn't stronger to resist buying the Note 3 but I did figure that it was going to be too difficult not to pick this bad boy up seeing as though I really liked the Note 2.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my brand new Galaxy Note 3.

Welcome back bro lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Questions from an Android virgin.....

Is there a web-based texting app, similar to Apple's imessage? Or do Android users message through their provider?

I have an preloaded app called Google Play. Is that the primary app store for Android apps? I hear people mention the Amazon Marketplace. But I don't see that app on my phone.

Is there a way to save a picture to your gallery from the web or FAcebook? Or take a screenshot?