Several coworkers and myself are all using Samsung phones with AT&T. We are setting up are email using the Microsoft Exchange and are using the default mail client on the phones. Everything works great, contacts, email, calendars, etc. However, attachments WILL NOT show up for anything. Support through AT&T said it was our email server, but I downloaded another mail client and it's showing the attachments fine. I would much rather use the default mail client, but as I said, it won't even show the paperclip icon indicating we have an attachment. So, I'm at a loss here. I've Google searched for hours and can't find anything. Does ANYONE out there have a suggestion for this? I'm an IT tech here and have dug through every setting I can find and just can't find a solution. Ugh...Thanks everyone!
    10-08-2013 12:36 PM
    Are you tapping the word "Attachments" in the email, then choosing to save the attachment, then going to your notification shade and tapping on that downloaded file?

I just performed these steps to read an email that had a PDF file attached to it using the stock email client on the Note 3.

Edit: If you miss the step of checking your notification shade for the file, you can also use the Downloads app to check your downloads folder on your phone.
    10-08-2013 12:40 PM
    It's not even showing the word "attachments". It also isn't showing the paperclip icon in the email list.
    10-08-2013 12:43 PM
    Where is that step of the shade for file or whatever?
    10-08-2013 12:52 PM
    Did you see the "attachments" option in the email? Once you save the file, you can slide down from the top of your screen to access the notification shade. The file should show up next to the down arrow in your list of notifications.
    10-08-2013 05:41 PM
    This seems like strange behavior. I don't see any settings in my email (exchange) that would tell the app not to recognize the attachments.

I assume the emails are coming through but not the attachments?
    10-08-2013 07:43 PM
    I use the exchange email for my work on my note 3, And I receive attachments

Tappin From My N3
    10-08-2013 07:47 PM
    That is correct. I can see the email, subject line, and body text but no paperclip or anything shows up indicating an attachment. I downloaded some other mail apps and set them up via Microsoft Exchange and they show the attachments fine, I just don't like the layout and such as good as the default mail client....ugh this is weird and frustrating....
    10-08-2013 08:57 PM
    That is correct. I can see the email, subject line, and body text but no paperclip or anything shows up indicating an attachment. I downloaded some other mail apps and set them up via Microsoft Exchange and they show the attachments fine, I just don't like the layout and such as good as the default mail client....ugh this is weird and frustrating....
    I just went through the settings also, Didn't see anything about not allowing attachments. Definitely Weird

Tappin From My N3
    10-08-2013 09:01 PM
    I'm using Exchange on my Note 3 and attachments are working fine.

Having said that, the Exchange Email implementation (and email in general) on Android phones is severely lacking vs IOS.
    10-08-2013 09:07 PM
    I ended up just downloading Moxer Mail. It shows the attachments fine. I don't like it as well as the default mail client, but it useless to me until a solution is found to why it won't even show attachments. Thanks everyone.
    10-14-2013 05:25 PM
    It's the person sending it. Half mine are okay the other don't show up. I think it may be a different Microsoft Office. The one I can open is attached up top. But if the attachment is in the body of the email I can't open it. I'm going to get my IT to help me tomorrow.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-14-2013 05:41 PM