Another iPhone to Note 3 user here. I have a couple of questions.

wayne106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys what email app do you use? I really like the iPhone app and really hate the stock android app. Maybe you all can help me through this. Here are my grips. I always have to hit the show pictures button in every email. I've looked for a always show pics option but I have not found it. Also when I change the font size, the body of the email font enlarges a little bit but the header fonts get huge. Very annoying. I tried Aqua mail and it has the same annoying issues. The font sizing is better in aqua mail. Also I could not figure out how to see all emails combined into one folder for Aqua mail.

Next issue: is there a simple note app like the one found on the iPhone. The few I have seen are very sophisticated. And the ones I found that were simple did not backup to gmail or cloud. I like the s Note and all it's extra features but I like being able to jot down some thoughts or list of items without having to deal with the s pen and all it's glory.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys what email app do you use? I really like the iPhone app and really hate the stock android app. Maybe you all can help me through this. Here are my grips. I always have to hit the show pictures button in every email. I've looked for a always show pics option but I have not found it. Also when I change the font size, the body of the email font enlarges a little bit but the header fonts get huge. Very annoying. I tried Aqua mail and it has the same annoying issues. The font sizing is better in aqua mail. Also I could not figure out how to see all emails combined into one folder for Aqua mail.

Next issue: is there a simple note app like the one found on the iPhone. The few I have seen are very sophisticated. And the ones I found that were simple did not backup to gmail or cloud. I like the s Note and all it's extra features but I like being able to jot down some thoughts or list of items without having to deal with the s pen and all it's glory.

Welcome to the forums!
I don't know what to suggest about the email issue. I hardly look at emails on my phone.

As for note taking apps, I love Google Keep. Simple, like you said, and you can set the notes to act as reminders.

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Images in email isn't a problem. It's under your account settings in "more settings". Haven't looked for a simple note taker but I'm sure there are several.

Posted via Android Central App

DCB2013

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Itap notes is very close to the iPhone notes
And in your settings in Aqua mail you are able to set it up the way you want. It is the best one I have found so far. And I also came from an iPhone to Android, really like it now!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

Misparkle8shine

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Good thing I read before posting,lol. Thanks for asking this question Wayne. I was just about to post a thread and ask. If you find anything you like please post it here.

maxxedhk

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been struggling with Email on Android since I got my Note 3. Major gripe for me is the inability to resize HTML Emails. It seems the stock client is the ONLY client capable of doing this and also supporting Exchange Activesync. I've tried Touchdown HD and Emoze and both are unable to resize HTML.

Heres an example

Attachments

• zSDVTBA.jpg
    zSDVTBA.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 49

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

Simply note is just what your looking for and it's just like the iphone app.

Misparkle8shine

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
What can I get that's similar to facetime on the Note 3 that I can encourage other Iphone users to get? Skype isn't working and I don't have wi-fi anymore so I need something that'll work without it :/

wayne106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys for your help. I had the show pic selected on all but one of my emails and I did not relize that. Also thanks for the note apps also.

I forgot about the html resizing issue. Another annoying thing. Any helo on that one guys.

Jordan Smith6

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
What can I get that's similar to facetime on the Note 3 that I can encourage other Iphone users to get? Skype isn't working and I don't have wi-fi anymore so I need something that'll work without it :/

Hangouts is a pretty good app and it is on your phone by default. Your iPhone friends can also video chat with you from their computers also. And Hangouts is in the process of integrating sms in its functionality so you will soon be able to use it as your default messaging app.

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Hangouts is pretty good. Skype obviously the most popular non-Facetime app. I'd probably just say Hangouts for right now. Plus, it would be good to get to know Hangouts due to integration into Android operating systems proper in the future (What Jordan Smith6 said above me)

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I love gmail app on it and have forwarded all emails on it with reply back option for all pop or imap accounts activated. Don't like and use the stock app at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12