Galaxy Note 3 - Way to change background color in Messages app?

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to change the background color/style when viewing all conversations in the Messages app? Changing Background Style in Settings only changes the background within a conversation. It's a little jarring (and annoying) to go back and for between the two because the background in conversation view is white and my background within a conversation is the black/gray color.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately no. That's the first thing I wanted to change. The white is to bright. No biggie. I put a personal picture in the convo background

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still hoping that sms integration comes to Google hangouts sooner rather than later. Samsung's stock messenger definitely isn't that attractive.

cblgypsy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep, you can change the way the bubbles look and the color of the background. The options are limited but there. when you open the messages app click on menu then settings, you will see the options under Display to change bubble style and background style. :) Hope this helps.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea that's in a convo,, poster is talking about on screen where you can see all convos listed,,,, can't change that.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Porshae

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
So aggravating. If I didn't break the screen on my note 2 I would still be using it. Hate those white screens. Not a good move samsung!

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You can change the background color. There is a selection for that in the settings...how do you not see that? I chose a black background, but you can choose anything you can think of, just like this post.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You can change the background color. There is a selection for that in the settings...how do you not see that? I chose a black background, but you can choose anything you can think of, just like this post.

Yep... I think it's in the latest update I don't think it's always been there.

Posted via Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Had my Note 3 since Nov 3 and it's been there since I got it. If you don't like the background presets, you can use your camera to take a picture of whatever you like for a background, and you can adjust color as well to your taste...

Screenshot_2013-12-28-10-39-30.jpg

2013-12-28 10.46.23.jpg

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
That's not what the OP is referring to. He's referring to the screen that lists all the people that he has had a conversation with. Conversation list ( 9 conversations, etc.) is what it's called. Ya know, the screen where you select the person to message....

Those settings listed only change the style and background of the persons you are conversing with.

drbillrdavis6

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
FAB, how did you change the Enter Recipient and Enter Message fields to black as in the top picture you posted? On my Note 3's stock messenger app, these fields are white. I saw how to change my background picture to anything I want, but not the color as you said can also be changed. I've looked everywhere, am I missing something? Does anyone have any idea how he did this?

Nope. Had my Note 3 since Nov 3 and it's been there since I got it. If you don't like the background presets, you can use your camera to take a picture of whatever you like for a background, and you can adjust color as well to your taste...

View attachment 98678

View attachment 98679

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Ya, simply making the change to the new background should fix that too; it did for me when I changed to black. If it doesn't work for you, post up a pic so we can see what the issue is.

drbillrdavis6

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
FAB, I took a screenshot but can't figure out how to post it. It looks EXACTLY like your top pic but the Enter Recipient field and Enter Message field remain white. I'm using Kii Keyboard (like SwiftKey) but that shouldn't matter. I had a background IMAGE at first, rather than solid black, but changed it to solid black to see if this would work but it didn't (there is no option for 'color' so I had to use a 'picture' of a solid black screen). I'm so confused how you got it all black.

Ya, simply making the change to the new background should fix that too; it did for me when I changed to black. If it doesn't work for you, post up a pic so we can see what the issue is.

drbillrdavis6

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
There has to be. We're no longer talking about the conversation LIST background. We've established there is no setting for that. (Right FAB? Mine's still white and that can't be changed, where all the current messaged CONTACTS are listed.) What we're talking about is the actual screen you message from (and read your messages) and more specifically, the areas that pop up when you click in the bottom field to type a reply. HIS TOP PICTURE. Again, flipponater, his Enter Recipient and Enter Message field are BLACK, not white like mine, so there HAS to be a way to do THIS. THOSE TWO FIELDS. We both have Note 3's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt