Best Keyboard for Note 3

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Button on the left of spacebar can be customized to permanent comma. Long press it to reveal options.

I'm missing something, I do not see an option to set the comma. I do get a menu when I long press the key, but no option to change the key. Could it be Verizon removed this option or I just don't see it.

Posted via Android Central App

howdidoo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Please see the image. The button to the left of spacebar.

semu4y3u.jpg

howdidoo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I see it on your keyboard, just don't see the option to change. When I long press the key, I have a menu but nothing that will let me change the key.

When I long press that key and select any of the items from there, it becomes permanent on that key. This is how it works for me though

harrychimp71

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have used the Google Keyboard almost exclusively for over a year. The Sammy keyboard is okay, but not as intuitive with automatically generating a word from the partial spelling.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
When I long press that key and select any of the items from there, it becomes permanent on that key. This is how it works for me though

I think this is the answer and I'm not sure why our stock keyboards would not be the same.

2013-11-14 00.58.15.jpg

This is what I see when I long press the left key.

Edit: Looking a little closer I see that your set to English (UK) and I'm English (US).

Edit 2: So I changed the language to English (UK) but this did not change the layout.

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I like to use MessagEase. It requires learning a new keyboard, but the program comes with a fun game that helps you get accustomed to it. It is the best/fastest alternative keyboard I've found to date. (I only wish the word prediction were as functional as SwiftKey's is.) I can type much faster and more accurately with MessageEase using just one thumb, index finger or stylus. It's worth checking out.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Its quite funny.. see my keys option. I have entire row on top extra.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/14/he5a5ege.jpg

I really like the top row of numbers, but can't do without the comma key. Swiftkey said they have the number row in the works. For now I have the long-press duration turned down the 200 msec which works pretty well.

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this.

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Im debating between stock and swiftkey. I like the number row but the swype to word is terrible. So will be using swiftkey for a while.

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey for me. Samsung KB is not bad but not polished enough at this time. Tried it but reverted to SwiftKey, many minor issues. It will hopefully improve.
I really like Samsung KB emojii, but SK is still the best.
Tempted to try the Flow with the stylus (heard they work well together) but have too many 'learning curves' on my plate right now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
BTW... Has anyone tried the STYLUS BETA? I fooled with it a little
and it seems like it has potential.
Aforementioned 'learning curve' too much at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard. The number row is very useful though the lack of a comma button is annoying.

SwiftKey is suppose to be updating to have these numbers along the top row as well :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel