This new thing really rocks!
    But since I'm a rookie on android. I'm missing a few ios jailbreak apps.
    Like callbar, zephyr, swipe selechtion, kill background and spotlock

I was wondering, are these apps also available for android. Maybe a bit different but it makes just everything easier for me.
    Especially Zephyr. Would be so great on the android!

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you!
    10-09-2013 02:13 PM
    Maybe add a description of what each of those apps do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    10-09-2013 02:20 PM
    Zephyr = Hold Home button and swipe away to close or switch to the app you want. Pretty simple.

Nova Launcher has gesture support, so you should be able to simulate what Zephyr does.
    10-09-2013 02:23 PM
    It would be helpful if you described what each app does... I'm sure there's something equivalent (and more than one option I'd be willing to bet) on Android as many of these iOS hacks come from stuff you can find in other OSs.
    10-09-2013 02:25 PM
    sure guys!

callbar, with this you can use your phone unbothered what you're doing when you reveice a call.
    zephyr, with this you can swipe up to leave current app, and swipe left or right to switch between apps (gesture)
    swipe selechtion, while texting you can swipe on your keyboard to select a wrong letter or something.
    kill background, with this you can kill all background apps with 1 button
    spotlock, when you're at your home menu, you swipe to the left and boom, you're phone is locked.

My N3 would be perfect with these apps =(
    10-09-2013 02:38 PM
    Anyone?
    10-09-2013 04:47 PM
    It also may help if we know what functionality you are looking for. I also wonder if there are some issues those apps are designed to work around that don't exist on android. I have a few ideas already, buy am hesitant to say them because I don't know what you are trying to fix.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-09-2013 05:52 PM
    Swiping to move the cursor can be enabled in settings.
    10-09-2013 07:15 PM
    Callbar
    Well my guess this was needed because of the iPhone inability to do real multitasking. I guess the idea is since the iPhone would often close apps that are not in the foreground it was easy for a call to mess up your current activity. If that is the point it isn't a problem on android. What ever app you are in stays present. Once you answer the call just hold the home button and switch back to the app you were in. If that isn't what you are wanting look for a dialer that does what you are asking.

Zypher
    You can just use the home button to switch between apps. Press and hold it for 2 seconds and the native android app switcher loads. You can scroll up and down to find the app you want running. Swipe left or right to remove and close if you want to.

Swipe selection
    As someone already pointed out you can enable the stock keyboard to allow you to move the cursor by swiping left and right. Just configure the keyboard to do so.

Kill background
    Samsung has a native widget for this on there phones. Just open the app drawer and put on a homepage you want to use it on. It loads the task manager which has a end all option. There are other task killers but you have to be really careful with them. If they kill the wrong things it can screw up your phone. Honestly killing apps should never be needed.

Spot lock
    To each the own I guess. I would guess there is a gesture based lock app out there. Personally I would just say hit the power key.

I know they are not exact matches to your requested apps from ios, but I would say the most logical android choice. Of course that is just my opinion.

10-09-2013 10:26 PM
    I think something like call bar would be great.. I hate how when a call comes in it takes up the screen away from what you are doing. If a small bar came up on the top of the screen not interrupting what I was doing I would love that

note 2 for sale pm me if interested
    10-09-2013 11:43 PM
    There is an option in settings. I think call settings ..... Incoming call notification.

That will bring a small window at the bottom of your screen to advise a call is coming you can answer or decline. Doesn't close the application you are in.

Spot lock you can download screen off. Which will put a button on the home screen. Nova will prob be able to set this as an activity that can be assigned to a gesture or add to notification shade or an app like swaps
    Botti likes this.
    10-10-2013 12:17 AM
    I'll try nova
    And I tried that call notification but it isn't 100% what I want.
    Imagine: im playing a game, my gf calls. I can keep gaming While getting a notification ABOVE the game to pick up. So I can pause my game and decide wether I pick up or not
    10-10-2013 01:50 PM
    It probably won't be identical to what you had in ios. I don't see how the call notification setting won't work. It pops up a small window and let's you answer. Then it even puts the dialer in the notification bar.

What about this isn't good.

10-10-2013 09:32 PM