TV IR remote very short range

Andy Mei

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just tried out Watchon to remote control my TV and fios cable box. The remote only works when I am 3 feet away. This sucks, coming from HTC one, that remote feature works flawlessly.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i have the note 8 and found when setting it up i had to be very close to my tv, but once set up am able to be further away. i can sit on my couch and it is fine, which is all i ask.....

Andy Mei

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
i have the note 8 and found when setting it up i had to be very close to my tv, but once set up am able to be further away. i can sit on my couch and it is fine, which is all i ask.....

Funny that mine works when I setup 6 feet away, but can't use it unless I am close to tv.

Oh well, not really deal breaker for me, since I don't really use my HTC one as remote at home anyway, mostly at restaurants or bars.

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me where to go on my Note 3 to set the remote up and use it? I just got me phone yesterday, but I can't seem to find an icon for a remote.

As always, thanks in advance for any help given.

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me where to go on my Note 3 to set the remote up and use it? I just got me phone yesterday, but I can't seem to find an icon for a remote.

The default app is WatchOn. However, there are some other and perhaps better remote control programs in the Play. Just search one with Samsung S4 compatibility.

Different people shouldn't compare their setups to others, because quite many factors starting from the controlled devices affect quite a lot. Also, some of those other programs allow you to adjust the signal. All that said.. It could be better.

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I set mine up for all rooms in my house. . My living room tv/set top box and roku are about 17 feet away and have no problems.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12