T-Mobile version from Walmart, Best Buy, or Wirefly?

Zogundar

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
It looks like the only way to get a T-Mobile Note 3 at the moment is directly from them to the tune of $708, or an unlocked version for $800. Bit pricey for me, regardless of how long they give you to pay it off. I really wish they hadn't gotten rid of their phone subsidies, I never had a problem with the 2-year contracts.

Best Buy seems to be selling versions for all the other carriers, Wirefly just Sprint, and Wal-Mart just AT&T it looks like. Any ideas based on past experiences if any of them will ever get it, and a rough time frame perhaps?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the only way to get a T-Mobile Note 3 at the moment is directly from them to the tune of $708, or an unlocked version for $800. Bit pricey for me, regardless of how long they give you to pay it off. I really wish they hadn't gotten rid of their phone subsidies, I never had a problem with the 2-year contracts.

I don't really understand what you are saying, those "subsidies" are not "subsidies", you still pay those, just in your "monthly plan".

TMo is still cheaper than VZW/ATT even if you buy the phone outright (which I did, after some calculation). If you keep the phone for more than 2 years, you save 100 every 2-3 months.

Zogundar

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Except I wouldn't be paying extra with a plan from one of those other places, I'd get to keep my current plan. The only cost that changes is the cost of the phone. Why should I pay an extra three or four hundred dollars?

Comparison

Current Plan:
$1199.52 after two years
$708 phone
=$1907.52
Same Plan with 2-year Contract:
$1199.52 after two years
$450 phone (Liberal estimate)
=$1649.52

Net gain to me for buying through T-Mobile: -$258.00

*EDIT*

Looks like Wirefly has the T-Mobile version now, for $339.99 for existing members ($299 for new ones.) So make that -$368.01. :p

Unless there's some major "gotcha" in there I think we have a winner (Finally, I've had my current phone for six years now.)

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Except I wouldn't be paying extra with a plan from one of those other places, I'd get to keep my current plan. The only cost that changes is the cost of the phone. Why should I pay an extra three or four hundred dollars?

Comparison

Current Plan:
$1199.52 after two years
$708 phone
=$1907.52
Same Plan with 2-year Contract:
$1199.52 after two years
$450 phone (Liberal estimate)
=$1649.52

Net gain to me for buying through T-Mobile: -$258.00

*EDIT*

Looks like Wirefly has the T-Mobile version now, for $339.99 for existing members ($299 for new ones.) So make that -$368.01. :p

Unless there's some major "gotcha" in there I think we have a winner (Finally, I've had my current phone for six years now.)

Act now, as I don't think that this will last beyond the end of this month.

T-Mobile Retiring Classic Plans In National Retail Channels Beginning November 1st | TmoNewsTmoNews

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand what you are saying, those "subsidies" are not "subsidies", you still pay those, just in your "monthly plan".

TMo is still cheaper than VZW/ATT even if you buy the phone outright (which I did, after some calculation). If you keep the phone for more than 2 years, you save 100 every 2-3 months.
If you only need 2gb of high speed data with unlimited talk and text, then Verizon is cheaper.

Verizon
Unlimited Talk, Text, 2gb data Loyalty Plan
$1,440 ($60x24mo)
$210Note 3 subsidized price
$30Upgrade fee
$1,680Total Cost over 2 years

T-Mobile
Unlimited Talk, Text, 2.5gb plan
$1,440($60x24mo)
$708Unsubsidized Note 3
$2,148Total Cost over 2 years

$468 Savings using Verizon vs. T-Mobile

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
If you only need 2gb of high speed data with unlimited talk and text, then Verizon is cheaper.

Verizon
Unlimited Talk, Text, 2gb data Loyalty Plan
$1,440 ($60x24mo)
$210Note 3 subsidized price
$30Upgrade fee
$1,680Total Cost over 2 years

T-Mobile
Unlimited Talk, Text, 2.5gb plan
$1,440($60x24mo)
$708Unsubsidized Note 3
$2,148Total Cost over 2 years

$468 Savings using Verizon vs. T-Mobile

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

From the word loyalty being in the title, I doubt that Zogundar would qualify since he/she would be a new customer to Verizon Wireless.

Zogundar

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Act now, as I don't think that this will last beyond the end of this month.

T-Mobile Retiring Classic Plans In National Retail Channels Beginning November 1st | TmoNewsTmoNews

It's good to know T-Mobile is moving swiftly to close any loopholes that would endanger their plans to make their service as unaffordable as possible.

*edit*

Also I'm on a grandfathered plan, I can't imagine another provider could beat my current monthly price. I currently pay less for two phones than most people pay for one, and at the moment, that would even include adding a data plan ($45+$10 for two phones + unlimited text, and T-Mobile normally starts at $80 for two phones. Plus at the moment another $15 will get me 4.5 GB, with another $5 a month discount possible, I'm not entirely clear on how or if I can obtain that through Wirefly though.)

Last edited:

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
It's good to know T-Mobile is moving swiftly to close any loopholes that would endanger their plans to make their service as unaffordable as possible.

The service is still affordable. The device prices, well it's all in how you look at it and what your current plan and options are.

Zogundar

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The service is still affordable. The device prices, well it's all in how you look at it and what your current plan and options are.

I don't consider paying more than $500 for a phone, no matter how fancy, "affordable." And their newer monthly rates are highway robbery compared to my old one. Maybe the $30 no contract or whatever plan could be considered affordable, but that one requires you to already have or buy a phone outright, and only in certain places and requires the sacrifice of a lamb and a goat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay