Galaxy Note 3 - Air Command Stopped Working

rycandroid

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Air Command has stopped working for me. It won't trigger when I pull the s pen out (it's selected to pop up when the s pen is pulled out) and won't appear when the button on the s pen is pressed.

Was playing around with buzz launcher but the phone is back to where it was when I know for sure Air Command was working. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys tried turning air command off then back on (or just making sure it is set to on again)

Go to settings/Motion and Gestures/Air Command

Lisablue33

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys have your N3 in a case? If you do & there's a magnetic closure, depending on location, would definitely affect the s pen. Don't know about air view, but it's worth checking out

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Air Command has stopped working for me. It won't trigger when I pull the s pen out (it's selected to pop up when the s pen is pulled out) and won't appear when the button on the s pen is pressed.

Was playing around with buzz launcher but the phone is back to where it was when I know for sure Air Command was working. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

I had the hand gestures quit for me today and I thought it might be a conflict. After trying some things with no success, I turned off all the motion stuff, turned the phone off and then back on, and voila when I turned the settings back on, everything worked. Not sure what did it, but at least I got them back.....

jamesrmca1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
For me, I had turned off Air Command from Motions and Gestures setting and hadn't realized it. The pen worked fine with the individual apps, only the wheel wasn't showing up upon removing the pen, I turned the switch back to on and it came up immediately when I pulled the pen out of the phone...just my experience....

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
For me, I had turned off Air Command from Motions and Gestures setting and hadn't realized it. The pen worked fine with the individual apps, only the wheel wasn't showing up upon removing the pen, I turned the switch back to on and it came up immediately when I pulled the pen out of the phone...just my experience....

That was the problem. Thanks dude.

eliani1326

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
how about s pen function while on a polaris word document? The grey board that shows up at the bottom only can write in blue but it doesnt transfer my text to the document. Do you have this problem with the s pen?

love App

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Goto settings in that please select controls tab and here Aircommand.. please toggle on button :)
Settings -> Controls -> Aircommand -> Toggle on.
Hope it will helpfull :) thank u :)

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
how about s pen function while on a polaris word document? The grey board that shows up at the bottom only can write in blue but it doesnt transfer my text to the document. Do you have this problem with the s pen?
Is it working okay with every other app? If it isn't you probably need an update, I know many of us had the problem where the text input wouldn't turn into text until we updated some things and then it worked.

TallTony

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

This was what worked for me immediately. I did the usual by setting the S-Pen to None and back to Air Command then turning it off and on, battery pull, etc. However, the moment I ready jamesrmca1's solution, the Air Command popped up just like normal. Thanks for saving me time!

Spedy Kid

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the hand gestures quit for me today and I thought it might be a conflict. After trying some things with no success, I turned off all the motion stuff, turned the phone off and then back on, and voila when I turned the settings back on, everything worked. Not sure what did it, but at least I got them back.....

Thx very much